“A little piece of old England”

Menaggio & Cadenabbia Golf Club
Ranked #5 of 20 things to do in Menaggio
More attraction details
Owner description: This 18-hole golf course, designed in traditional British style, stretches 5,773 yards at par 69.
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The course is an old gem - short, tight and rewarding for straight hitters. As an ageing 18 handicapper who hates buggies I gambled on just using an electric trolley, OK the course is hilly but I managed fine (although I had stiff calves the following day) and the views are spectacular Good shots are rewarded by easy pars. Bad shots ... well just enter a double bogey. The 19th hole is well served by helpfull staff and the clubhouse is like stepping back into 1920s Blighty. Our American cousins may not like it as it is not a grip it and rip it course but it provided one of the best four hours of golfing for many a year

Reviewed July 27, 2013

it's a fine local course, but overpriced for what it is. when i checked in they asked for my ID which was odd, since i had a pro-kit with me!

2  Thank vasco d
Reviewed June 19, 2013

it is simple really, don't play this course if you can't play golf! It is beautiful, end of!! The clubhouse is without any doubt the best you will ever encounter. The course itself has some spectacular holes and some not so but do not be put off by negative comments!

1  Thank simonjulie1
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This course and Club House are well worth a visit. We reserved Buggies but were told on arrival that none were available - I fear we encountered the receptionist on a bad hair day!. This was our only bad experience in 4 days golf near Como but I would definitely go back to this course again, only insisting on a Buggy! (we are all in our sixties - 30 years ago I would have walked 36 holes!). The scenery is fantastic and the course very interesting - not impossible as suggested by some. I am 14 handicap and I took the same ball around 18 holes. Bar staff were charming. Very small pro shop. Allow time to enjoy the views - they are spectacular, and to enjoy a drink or snack after golf.

1  Thank Roulade
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Extremely beautiful scenaries, challenging course (but not too difficult), idyllic old club house, excellent service. The best golf experience I've ever had! What more can you hope for? Oh.. right.. a better score :)