My wife and I stayed at the Punta Campanella Resort and Spa from April 30 - May 7, 2010. The hotel was chosen by a young British couple as a site for their marriage. Over 100 family and friends came from the UK to Italy for the occasion. Many of us stayed at the hotel. The wedding was held on Sunday, May 2, on the roof of the hotel. The scenery, the weather and the bride were all gorgeous. It was like a scene from the movie Mama Mia.
Our room was small by North American standards (we are from Canada). However, it was very comfortable. The beds were excellent and so was the cleaning staff. One of the persons at the desk spoke excellent English and all the staff were friendly and helpful. We ate all our breakfasts and the occasional lunch and dinner at the hotel restaurant and were very satisfied with the quality.
The wedding party returned to the UK on May 3 but we remained at the hotel until May 7.
The location of the hotel (Marina del Cantone) is a small bay on the Amalfi coast 60 min by public bus from Sorrento. At this time of year, there were very few tourists during the week. There are several good restaurants within 2-5 min walk of the hotel (including a 2-star Michelin). We spent 3 days touring Pompei, Capri and Positano respectively . This was not as convenient as it would have been from Sorrento but we enjoyed the quiet of our little bay. From Sorrento we took the CircumVesuvius train to Pompei (20 min), the ferry to Capri and the bus to Positano.
We had a great time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Resort & SPA on the Amalfi Coast Punta Campanella Resort & SPA is located within the beautiful beach resort of Marina del Cantone, which is situated along the Amalfi Coast between the golf of Sorrento and Positano. The name of our hotel is gained from the special Marine Nature Reserve of "Punta Campanella", which is a Conservation area protected by the FAI (Italian Environment Fund). Our hotel has recently been restored and redeveloped by architects from Campania Region and incorporates Italian Mediterranean style and ultimate comfort. Most of our rooms and our la carte restaurant Li Galli Restaurant overlook the Nerano Bay, which serves fresh, local Mediterranean food inspired by our chef. Our Spa and indoor pool will rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. The Blue Flag beach is just 40 metres from our hotel where you can relax, sunbathe and swim safely. Here you will find a selection of bars, cafes and restaurants. From the pier, you can take a boat and visit Capri, Positano, Amalfi and Li Galli Islands. Within a short distance of our hotel, there are over one hundred restaurants to be sampled - some have Michelin Stars. A rooftop garden is available with deck chairs and umbrella and a shower to cool off. Activities: Trakking exursion, Diving, Water Sport, boat rental, tipical food tour, to fish and eat in the sea. Nearby to visit : Massa Lubrense, Positano, Capri, Sorrento, Pompei ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Punta Campanella Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Campanella Resort And Spa
- Punta Campanella Hotel Massa Lubrense