This is a beautiful location however the hotel and service is really bad. We were allocated a dark room on the ground floor, no balcony and facing a grey stone wall one metre from the window.
It was not possible to control the air conditioning in the room. This was controlled from reception and turned on upon complaint only to be turned off the following day requiring further complaint to reception.
The service in the breakfast/dining room was very poor with very bad attitude from waiting staff. When they forgot to serve our main meal one evening , the head waiter informed us that "the chef was gone to school" without any apology.
After the first night we reported the shower head broken. Despite reporting on next two nights this was not fixed properly. When I raised this issue on checkout , the reception staff were very defensive accusing us of not having reported this at any point. They entreated us not to report the bad level of service, leaving bottle of champagne at our room, which we returned unopened.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Resort & SPA on the Amalfi Coast Punta Campanella Resort & SPA is located within the beautiful beach resort of Marina del Cantone, which is situated along the Amalfi Coast between the golf of Sorrento and Positano. The name of our hotel is gained from the special Marine Nature Reserve of "Punta Campanella", which is a Conservation area protected by the FAI (Italian Environment Fund). Our hotel has recently been restored and redeveloped by architects from Campania Region and incorporates Italian Mediterranean style and ultimate comfort. Most of our rooms and our la carte restaurant Li Galli Restaurant overlook the Nerano Bay, which serves fresh, local Mediterranean food inspired by our chef. Our Spa and indoor pool will rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. The Blue Flag beach is just 40 metres from our hotel where you can relax, sunbathe and swim safely. Here you will find a selection of bars, cafes and restaurants. From the pier, you can take a boat and visit Capri, Positano, Amalfi and Li Galli Islands. Within a short distance of our hotel, there are over one hundred restaurants to be sampled - some have Michelin Stars. A rooftop garden is available with deck chairs and umbrella and a shower to cool off. Activities: Trakking exursion, Diving, Water Sport, boat rental, tipical food tour, to fish and eat in the sea. Nearby to visit : Massa Lubrense, Positano, Capri, Sorrento, Pompei ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Punta Campanella Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Campanella Hotel Massa Lubrense
- Punta Campanella Resort And Spa