See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 13, 2017

My Hubby and my first time in Italy would not have been complete if I hadn't of found this B&B and met the owner Antonino and his son-in-law Marco. Additionally, of course, the Locals who ran and/or owned Ristorante St. Raphael Pizzeria and Trattoria Snack Bar St. Raphael Sorrento/AltaMarea!

First and foremost, what kind hearted gentlemen Antonino and his son-in-law Marco were to my Hubby and I. They went above and beyond making sure we had everything we needed and more. Marco drove us everywhere we wanted and always had a smile on his face! They were the epitome of True Italian graciousness and kindness!

Upon arriving in Sorrento, we met Antonino and he drove us down this spiraling, precarious, distant and car sickness road to his B&B on the Beach at Massa Lubrense / Alta Marea. It was just what we had ordered! A quaint beachfront community over looking the Gulf of Naples.

Our B&B was just right. Not flashy, but tasteful with all the amenities! The only downfall, and the only thing that I can say needed to have changed is the "queen bed." It was not "your ordinary" queen bed, but two twins pushed together. Hey if you don't mind slipping between the crack of the two beds, then this would be perfect for you! LOL, seriously though, we had a few rough sleepless nights! Be that as it may, please don't let the bed issue hesitate you from staying. It is a once in a lifetime place to visit. I promise you will leave with an even bigger smile on your face that you had when you arrived!

*Thank You Antonino and Marco for being such big-hearted, compassionate and friendly hosts!*

Room tip: Peacefulness, Hospitality, Ocean Air, Sand Between Your Toes!
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheSchnackAttack
Reviewed November 18, 2016 via mobile

What can I say, Antonio and Marco are SUPER hosts! Once again they have gone above and beyond to make sure our stay was the best one yet! Them and their friends who own the restaurant right beside the BnB are very very kind, helpful, down to earth, funny and honest people! My fiancé and I took another couple this year to enjoy a nice vacation , we decided there is no other place but Antonio's and Marco's. They helped us schedule a boat tour around the island of Capri which cost us only €50. It was worth it! We took a drive to Amalfi coast which only is about 25-30 min away (depending on traffic). The BnB is very clean-there is a cleaning person who comes in daily. The food at Antonio's nephews restaurant is AMAZING! I can say one thing-they definitely had the BEST Caprese Salad there! I have been craving that ever since we left! I would definitely 100% recommend a stay at Antonio and Marco's BnB, you won't regret it. We hope to return again next year with more people :)

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2016 via mobile

We had a fantastic time at AltaMarea. Marco and Antonino are fantastic hosts and go above and beyond to ensure their guests have an enjoyable stay.

They are wealth of information on the local area and assisted us with arranging a boat tour to the island of Capri.

As AltaMarea is a 5 minute car or local bus trip from the heart of Sorrento. Marco and Antonino also offer to transport you to and from the centre when ever possible and this was a great asset to our stay.

Our double room was modern, clean and spacious with a great view of the ocean.

We would recommend a stay at AltaMarea with out hesitation and hope to visit again someday.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2016 via mobile

Where to start? Marco and his father in law Antonino will make you feel like a loved relative that has come to visit. Without being intrusive. This picturesque little seaside fishing village is a km or two just past Postcard perfect cliffside town of Sorrento- famous for Limoncello and good food!

Marco and Antonino gladly offered rides back and forth into town and were so accommodating and sat with me and worked out and booked to most value for your money packages for me according to my budget. To wake up each morning to the sound of gentle waves and literally open your door and step onto the sand is just surreal. There are at least five equally good and well priced restaurants in the village.

Surrounding you are easy access routes to the various must see spots. Pompeii, Naples, Capri and the Amalfi Coastline just to name a few. Travel by boat, train or bus or by car. But be warned - rather let someone else drive, the winding roads are somewhat hair raising.

AltaMarea was pure heaven, the room had everything one needs. Safe, secure, air con and sea views and breeze to evoke the senses and make you feel like this truly is a holiday. Well priced! And simply a must see/do - tour the islands, lay on the beach, hike and just sip on limoncello.

I will be back as often as life will allow me and highly recommend staying at AltaMarea!

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 27, 2016

Our Italian adventure started at Naples Airport , we managed to get on an earlier Currerri bus than planned - excellent service by the way, texted Marco who was very happy to pick us up as soon as we got to Sorrento . The excellent service from both Marco and his father in law Antonino was to become an amazing part of this trip as they were always around to help. Nothing was too much trouble and they are both always so happy and smiling. Marco spent the time to show us our room and how everything worked. The room was immaculate, much larger than expected, the ac was on and we were set . Next thing we were sitting on the beach at a VERY nearby restaurant eating a wonderful dinner with Vesuvio as our backdrop! Excellent start!
The village itself is beautiful with six restaurants and a bar right on the beach , all the food was great , well priced and of course the view !! Breakfast was in the family cafe at whatever time we chose - coffee and Italian croissant
During our stay - 8 nights - we made several excursions including Capri , Pompeii, Vesuvio and the Amalfi coast. Marco was very helpful with all of these and there is no doubt his advice and assistance improved our experience immeasurably . Not least with taking us to and from the station in Sorrento numerous times .
It is fair to say that this delightful village is at the bottom of a very steep hill which is hard work in the heat of the day ! However with Marco and Antonino this was really not a problem as help was always at hand when we needed it .
We had a great holiday and the real test is that we would not hesitate to return! For sightseeing in the area , chilling out on the beach , couples and families this place is to be highly recommended . I would have loved to keep this a secret and not written a review but great service these days is the exception so enjoy if you make the trip! You will love it. Thanks once again Marco and Antonino, you made our holiday magical.

Room tip: Amazing seaview from The Blue Room
Date of stay: August 2016