“What an incredible hideout!”
Review of Ristorante Villa Caprile - CLOSED

Ristorante Villa Caprile
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Villa Caprile, located in the district of Monte Arso, near Sant'Agata sui Due Golfi, is a restaurant with a panoramic view suited to any special occasion. Located in a recently restored farmhouse and keeping to the original architecture, the restaurant sits overlooking the Colli di Massa Lubrense as far as the two Gulf of Naples and Salerno, with Mt. Vesuvius and Capri in the background Not far from Sorrento, the restaurant is surrounded by typical Sorrentine gardens, olive and citrus groves. A family run restaurant Villa Caprile welcomes its guests in a warm and friendly atmosphere, where everyone can feel at ease.
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I have traveled the world over, eaten at some of the best restaurant but Villa Caprile tops them all.
I was taken there by a friend who runs a near by equestrian school and he decided to have lunch there, what a great idea. I don's see the need to detail the various dishes......just go there and let them treat you to an unforgettable and delightful meal.
I am a die hard Neapolitan who decided to retire and live in the mountains of the Adirondak Park in Northern New York State. I grew up in Naples but never imagined there could be such a great restaurant on the hills between Sorrento and Positano.
My niece and I were guests of Michele DeAngelis.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We came here on the final night of our honeymoon. The views from the restaurant we're stunning, the atmosphere was relaxing and the food was fantastic. We started with a selection of antipasti which were fresh and delicious. Our main courses were pasta dishes, mine was clam and mussels and my wife's was prosciutto. The pasta was fresh, the sauces were delicious and both were cooked to perfection. Given the surroundings and quality of the food, Villa Caprile was incredibly affordable and we'd certainly recommend the restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

All dishes we had here where great! You can come here for lunch or dinner. Folow the advise of the owner before you order! Never trust an Italian is not suitable to him. He also serves good wines.Thanks Pasquale!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We were visiting Sorrento and were travelling with my Husband and his Sister & Husband. During our stay it was my sister-in-laws birthday, my husband wanted something a bit special for her so armed with Trip-advisor he checked for restaurants and the number 1 was “Ristorante Don Pedro”. He emailed them requesting a booking for Sunday 1st Sept. he replied say that they were closed (had no roof) and would not be able to accommodate us at the Don Pedro; but they could at their “Location B” (Villa Caprile) which was run by his cousin. So we beooked explaining that it was for a birthday and we were promised a lovely meal with greeting by the pool and prosseco etc. They also arranged to collect and return us to our hotel in Sorrento. We were picked up by Tony and driven up into the mountains to the restaurant where we were expecting a lovely greeting with a glass of Prosecco by the pool area - BUT NO we were shown straight to our table and left alone for a while not really knowing what was going on and the restaurant was very quiet so no excuse really for being ignored. Eventually the waiter came up to the table armed with a huge fish on a silver platter and proceeded to waggle the Tail of the fish at us explaining that this was a locally caught fish and would be great for the four of us. This would have be fine but my sister-in-law does not like fish and we tried to expalin this but he took great offence and stormed off. We eventually got our prosecco and after some time the waiter came back and started to reel off the menu which was difficult to remember and understand so we politely asked if we could see a menu again he semed taken aback and and stormed to get the menus. We decided on our meals and our orders were taken by the sulky bad tempered waiter. Our starters arrived which were ok but there wasnt a great selection but I had noticed an older gentleman explaining the menus to another couple in great detail (with menus in hand) and also different special options to what we had been offered. We were getting quite frustrated by this stage and it was obvious that our waiter did not want to be working. We later discovered that the village was having a fiesta and fireworks were being set off so we can assume that this was the reason for his bad mood. For our mains my sister and I had the steak which came on a hot lava stone; my brother in law had another type of steak and my husband had calamari's. When my sister-in-laws and my steaks had arrived (raw) there was no hot lava stone andjust a bit of rocket and parmesan shavings. My brother in laws steak was Steak and nothing else - no potatoes or veg (it wasnt explained by the waiter that you had order these seperately nor was it stated on the menu) and my husbands calamari werent the best and were slightly cold; thick batter and on the chewy side. We tried to get the attention of our waiter but he was nowhere to be found but eventually we managed to get someone attention to request the lava stones and request some veg. We got the stones but no veg!!! the steaks were ok but as you can imagine this had spoilt our evening. When our waiter did turn up and ask how were our meals we complained about the service; calamari; lack of stones and veg etc. He was taken aback and got the manager who I had seen early serving another couple - nicely. He was very surprised that we werent happy and I expalined that we had pre-booked through his cousin and that it was supposed to be specal for my sisters birthday etc but he was at first very defensive and said our waiter was tired because he had been at work since 9am - not our problem. He ranted on about the local food and reputation etc and didnt seem to get the fact that we were having a bad experience. But eventually he apologised and brought out a bottle of prosseco on the ouse and said that they had got something laid on for my sisters birthday - which turned out to be some lovely delicious deserts (which surprisngly he put on the bill so again after the service etc we would have expected not to have had to pay. Had we have known we were going to have to pay for them we would not have ordered desserts!!!! I am sure that there are people who have a lovely experience but I think we picked the wrong day! It was a sunday and I bet they had been really busy during the day with locals out for their sunday lunch! It was nice of them to pick us up and take us back to our hotel. However driving at high speed through the country lanes of the mountain and Sorrento at 11:30 at night in the pitch black of night was another experience altogether - I think my husband nearly had a heart attack in the front seat. We will laugh about this for years to come think Faulty towers with an italian accent!

1  Thank DeborinaBlackpool
Reviewed August 20, 2013

A wonderful Sunday lunch and last night of holiday evening meal taken at this restaurant which was a recommendation from our holiday villa owner. The view from the outside patio was stunning and the welcome warm. With our stuttering italian and their good english we left them to choose our starters, the huge antipasti and filled flower heads was great, fresh fish and a good pasta to follow. Full of locals on the evening visit which might indicate it has a good reputation. A good tip is ask for the Vini Cassa at any restaurant in this area, we were not dissappointed with any of them and didn't pay over 8 euro for a bottle.

1  Thank Steven M