“Perfect Evening”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We recently stayed in Termini and ate at the Mira Capri several times. We were drawn to the place by the absolutely breathtaking view of Capri and the pretty shaded terrace.
It turned out to be exactly perfect. The food was exactly right, not over fussy. Just good tasty, well cooked and presented. Fresh and local, and although I am no expert on Italian food, it seemed like 'real' Italian fare to me.
The wine (house) and beer (draft peroni) were very drinkable.
What made the place a true gem was the delightful staff. I don't know, but it feels like a family run place. Nothing was too much trouble, the service was freindly, charming (they even managed to extract some Italian gently from my daughter) and it made our stay. We were even given a little gift on our last night. I cannot praise this place highly enough.
O and to cap it all, given it has one of the most beautiful views in the world, it was incredibly well priced! Cheaper than a meal out here.
The television was only on the night Italy was in the European Cup (which is kind of understandable). If your passing, do go

Reviewed May 2, 2012

brilliant food and service with fantastic views of Isle of Capri

Reviewed March 10, 2012

We dined here twice in April 2011. This early in the season all the restaurants in the small village of Termini are quiet, and only fill up on weekends.

The terraces and panoramic windows at Mira Capri have been designed to make the best of the excellent view of Capri. The sunsets are very pretty. The lights on the island twinkle, and the cruise ships and water taxis parade by, a couple of hundred feet below.

Particularly good is the buffalo mozzarella and tomato salad. It comes with a basil and olive oil dressing. Simple and very delicious. The basket of mixed bread was good.

First night we had a pizza each, both were very very good; and came with a very nice fresh salad. €10.50 each and more than enough for an evening meal.

Second night I had grilled fresh fish with French fries, €13.90 . This was three local fresh fish, and one turned out to be squid and I don't like squid. But I could eat this, my wife had a forkful and declared it very good. The side salad was again very nice, a selection of crunchy green leaves, onion, celery, red and green peppers and tomato, and in a nice light dressing. My wife had the four season pizza, €10.50, again excellent.

The house white wine was good, €7.00, not brilliant, but perfectly acceptable, and much cheaper than the branded labels. It matched the food well.

Service was very efficient on the first night, Second night there was nobody working who could speak English, but the waitress recognised us, and spent time to make sure we got what we wanted. I was going to order a branded wine, but she managed to covey that the house wine was as good, but cheaper. Paying the bill was by cash only.

Only down side is the big screen TV at the far end of the bar. It’s left on all the time. If you are stopping in Termini they do pizza to take away.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

Our Rome Connection tour guide took us here for lunch and it was a wonderful choice. The place was purchased by locals and it was immaculate. There was inside and outside seating available. We chose to sit outside because even though the temperature was hot, under the canopy of palms, we were so comfortable. The food was out of this world-delicious. It was easy to figure that the insalate caprese was made with fresh, delicious mozarella and tomatoes- nothing else we tasted during the rest of our trip ever measured up. We were a group of six and each had a different plate and all were incredibly tasty. The house drink the owner brought us was something we never had before and it was great- a mix that included peaches- just like the carafe of wine. I suggest to anyone who is in the area to stop in and try this place. You won't regret it. It's like you're eating with the locals. Try a dessert too - they are sinfully delicious- oh and don't forget the camera.

Reviewed June 23, 2011

We arrived by chance during an afternoon drive - enjoyed some wine and then returned for dinner the next night. The view was perfect, the food was just great and the price even greater. Service was warm and friendly - family run - just wonderful people! I recommend!!