“Our favorite restaurant in Marsala ”

Rosso Vermiglio Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 296 Restaurants in Marsala
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: In the center of the city close to piazza del popolo square and porta Garibaldi there is ancient convent of sant’Antonino church where you can taste all the power of local fish and food worked on the best way from the chef Sebastiano Isca that gives to all dishes the right way to feel the real taste of Sicilian food experience. The owner Valerio Vermiglio,famous international volleyball player,and his wife will let you feel like at home giving you the way to live an unbelievable music and wine dinner experience. You can choose inside or outside seats depending of your preferences. All the food offers are totally handmade and only with fresh ingredients. Complete the offer different dishes created daily from our big chef just to let you come back home remembering something more than special!!!
Reviewed July 6, 2017 via mobile

The food is delicious! Excellent service, very nice staff, kids friendly. For the kids they always have pasta without tomatoes, with or without olive oil, butter and parmesan. Excellent excess with a stroller. Nice music. The food is really great! Tiramisu is very (!!!) good! Don't miss such a wonderful, quiet place in Marsala!

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is situated in an old monastery its beautiful. The staff is great. The food was good for north European standards, for Sicilian standards it is ok.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed July 4, 2016

This is the best restaurant in Marsala I had a chance to visit. The interior is very nice - excellent mix of modern design with old building. Nice music, not too loud. Overall atmosphere is perfect. Something I did not expect to see in Sicily to be honest. Waiters are well trained, polite and speak English. And food is absolutely delicious.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed November 25, 2015

On our weekend break in Sicily we were recommend this restaurant to eat at by our hotel (Hotel Carmine) and what a fabulous recommendation it was. It is set off the main streets of Marsala. The building itself was stunning and the modern interior made it look like a lovely contemporary restaurant. When seated and asked what we would like to drink we were recommended a lovely white wine that my fiance and I both enjoyed. When we asked what we wanted to eat I wasn't sure what I wanted for a starter, the waiter (who I think was actually the manager) recommended we have a shared fish platter which didn't disappoint. There were 9 different types of fish and seafood, all prepared differently and presented exquisitely on a large square white plate. The portions were just big enough for us to try a bit of each and it wasn't to filling. For main course I had the sword fish which was melt in the mouth delicious. My fiance had the prawns which was done in a very light batter. They were seasoned well and tasted amazing. This should be the no.1 restaurant in Marsala as the whole experience was amazing. Great food, lovely wine, friendly staff, great atmosphere

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed October 11, 2015

We spent one night in Marsala during our 2-week stay in Sicily. The restaurant was recommended to us by Hotel Carmine and we could not have been more pleased. The atmosphere was welcoming and friendly. The food was delicious. My husband and I shared a terrific seafood pasta and then each had fish entrees. Everything was fresh and well prepared.

Date of visit: September 2015