“Amazing salads and service. ”
Review of Juparana'

Juparana'
Ranked #30 of 295 Restaurants in Marsala
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

This was a great place to dine. The food was full of flavor, the staff were so assertive and catered for our needs.

Thank you to the staff for going out of their way to look after us.

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank 738bilala

Reviewed September 26, 2015

I have been here a few times with either my fiancé or friends, cocktails are tasty and they service is friendly, they bring us out nibbles with our drinks at no added cost, cocktails cost €5/€6 each. They play quiet music so has a nice atmosphere, although if you go after 8pm it starts to get busier.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed May 24, 2015

Nice place in front of a school. Terrace with cover, with specific traditional pasta specialities.
In front of the terrace a chaotic traffic mess, but also nice to look at. Huge salads, and a very good price quality level.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

Looking for a place for lunch after a morning tour of Cantine Florio (excellent btw) we were directed to this restaurant which was close by. It turned out to be a slightly trendy local bar with a modern feel and a stylish and delicious menu of light and more typical Italian lunches. After a week in Italy I was craving a more 'Californian' style lunch - a big salad with something more interesting than latuga and pomodoro - and this is exactly what I was able to order at Juparana. The food was delicious and the staff very friendly and helpful. The place was busy with locals, we were the only tourists in sight and the waiters and waitresses went out of their way to speak English for us and enlisted the help of fellow diners when they got stuck for vocabulary. The door boasted many Italian stickers that this place had won accolades as a bar restaurant in local 'Good Food' type guides. Away from the more frequented restaurants in the city center this place was a great find and parking was a breeze in the local streets.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

My friend Ewen was in town again and we wanted a glass of wine. I took him to Juparana, the sullen waiterss had a major attitude and wouldn't tell us what the selection of wines. Normally they have a list of wines by the glass available this time there wasn't the board up. She began bringing out the bottles from the fridge and slamming them on the counter. I also noticed that they changed wine glasses and their glasses were tiny. Anywhow we selected a wine and sat outside. She brought it out, I said to her "I am sorry you wern't pleased with us but I am a wine expert and my friend is visiting from Scotland" She smirked and that was it. When we were leaving I asked to pay and the owner's father in law scolded me loudly for daring to give his staff a hard time. His daughter who is the wife of the owner came and told her dad to stop. I asked her what was the problem and she said well you do complain and always seem to have problems when you come I said that isn't true I'd been coming for years literlly since I arrived in Marsala. She wouldn't let me get in a word edgewise and scolded me too. The wine was horrible, the happy hour appetizers greasy, salty and clearly days old. The attitudes stunk and frankly always have.
I won't be going there anymore as I don't live in that city any longer but I just want to warn any visitor or tourist. Juparana Drinks Cafe is a horrible place, lots of people I know have gotten food poisoning there. The night I was berated I only had fruit as I don't trust their appetizers, and the fruit was brown and slightly fizzy. Unedible. Don't go here, go elsewhere and you will save money, stress and your health.

Date of visit: March 2012