“A-typical with an own view”

Casamia Bistro Grill
Ranked #23 of 295 Restaurants in Marsala
Reviewed July 27, 2018

Trying to find an alternative for the touristy restaurants in Marsala, but still with an outside terrace, we spotted this "bistro". It's a somewhat alternative place, no or only one pasta dish, not presenting the classic Italian antipasta, primo and secundo. The service is very good and we got a very fluent explanation, which is needed because it's different, in English. Some, like the UK couple next to us, I imagine, may find the waiter a bit too assertive. I had the carpaccio as a starter (photo) and it was excellent, also because it was not drenched in oil and aceto balsamico syrup as one often finds nowadays. The main dish for me was a rump steak (tagliata, in practice) perfectly prepared and not smothered in sauce and condiments, just some cherry tomatoes and green salad on top. Quality beef! Some rosemary potatoes were offered as a side dish.
At the start we had to wait for a couple of minutes for our bottle of red wine, a syrah from Caruso-Minini (excellent as well, I am looking to purchase some bottles in Belgium), since the wine was a bit warm apparently. Very thoughtful!
A nice experience indeed!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed May 8, 2018 via mobile

This was perfect! After some mixed restaurant experiences here in Sicily (some with very petty view but least than average food or others with atmosphere like a waiting room but quite good food) this one combines everything you want: excellent food, excellent service (which includes proper English) and also a well-furnished and designed restaurant with appealing music and ambience...

Especially the starters and the desserts were mind blowing. My main was also pretty fine (gnocchi). My boyfriends steak was very good too and medium was actually medium (I tried ;-)

They also had a very good assortment of wines in different price categories and helped you with the choice fitting to your meal.

The only mini critique I have is that the menu needs some work to be understood. As it’s not ordered by starters / mains etc. (Instead all is included under headlines like meat, fish etc.) it took some time to figure out what a starter is. I liked that to have the decision my own way but some other couple of visitors left after they saw it...

Prices are slightly higher than in the most of the restaurants in the area but for me the food was totally worth it.

Summarizing I loved the restaurant and will definitely come back. I highly recommend it to every Marsala visitor!!!

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank AnnaMakana
Reviewed May 2, 2018 via mobile

Tasty meat cooked on point. The baked potatoes were heaven. Great quality products. Service was lovely

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

The menu is wonderfull, varied, tasty, specific italian, with a wide range from chees and salami, fish, beef, vegetables. Wine list full of local, sicily tradition. The place has a good vibe, large enough, with a nice terrace. One waiter even speak english ;).

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed January 30, 2018 via mobile

Excellent food .. service .. setup.. .. one of marsala best restaurant in my opinion ..our choice was meat for tonight .. and their meat is all prime quality!!
You will see us again for sure !!!

Date of visit: January 2018