Camping Village Jolly
Hotels.com
  • Free Internet
Hotels.com
1,758 results
All reviewsshuttle busswimming poolmobile homerestaurant barsuperior bungalowair conyoung peoplepool partymini marketreturn shuttleprivate bathroomevery hourper personvisit veniceshopchaletbudget
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Our bungalow here was pretty average....... beds not comfy as mattresses were worn out and old.........mold all through the rubber seals in and around the shower..........sink tap loose and hot water not always working.....air con full of dust and didnt want to find out what else...........marks all over floor ...loud music from bar that you couldnt escape from..............also you have to book your bus transfer to venice (return) as the hostel is not in venice....at least a day in advance or you wont get on the bus... also you are restricted to the times you set as other hourly timeslots are full and you cant get back

However............ onsite restaurant was amazing......great food...... beautiful pool onsite and the wifi was pretty good here............ the nightlife with the topdeck and contiki crew is pretty good too.......... all in all......very budget accomodation........ be prepared for anything...and realise you are staying there because its cheap not because its a great place...

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Very disappointed. I decided to get a private room which was pretty over priced but better then a tent with the toilets ages away. Breakfast said it included bacon and .... No bacon.... Very far out had to walk 10-15 min to bus stop which isnt easy with 15kg bag, also the shuttle fills up with tour groups . it takes another 20mins on bus to get into Venice. Absolutely nothing in the neighbourhood and if ur traveling solo like me DON'T GO HERE. And there's no wifi.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Elle20013
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed in a bungalow because we didn't want to have to walk outside for bathrooms and showers. The facilities were nice, and well-priced. It was nice to sleep away from strangers after a week of hostels. But it was far away, and the shuttle bus was sometimes full, and doesn't run past 9:30 pm or earlier than 9:00, which is hard if you want to see Venice at night or have an early flight. It's not as close as their advertisement makes it sound. And the five euro breakfast doesn't include croissants, an Italian breakfast staple. The other food wasn't great either. If you stay here, just buy a croissant for one euro. They are SO GOOD. There was a cat at the swimming pool, which was adorable, and they have a convenient market and restaurant.

Room Tip: Make sure you know where the place you're staying is. Some of the places are pretty far away from the bathrooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed here for 1 njght trying to save money staying on venice. Do not do it. I will pay more and avoisd the large walk. Its far from venice and the "bungalows" are road houses where you died of cold. I wont stay here again. Never

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I think it depends on luck but I was traveling with my husband and we were on a budget so stayed at a lot of backpacker places but spent extra money to upgrade to private rooms with our own bathroom. At camping jolly we may aswell have shared a bathroom and saved the money the room was tiny to say the least the floor was stained and the shower was falling out of the wall.

The staff were very kind especially at the restaurant but I think if you are kind to them they will be kind to you. If you are not polite and don't even make an effort to say grazie they don't like that remember these people work hard to learn English for us I think the least we could do is learn to say grazie. The pool wasn't open for some reason and as that was one of the other reasons we booked this place it was disappointing. The wifi worked one day and the next was down I think it depends on how many people log on at the same time.

The shuttle into the venice monorail is good but you need to book well in advance or you miss out and you need to also book your way back the time you want to come back before you leave. This is hard as you don't really know how long you will want to stay in venice.

I wouldn't stay here again.

Oh and the bad we had gave me and my husband a bad back for days

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple