“Worth spending more and stay in Venice, this place is to far out and crap” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Camping Village Jolly

Camping Village Jolly
“Worth spending more and stay in Venice, this place is to far out and crap”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Very disappointed. I decided to get a private room which was pretty over priced but better then a tent with the toilets ages away. Breakfast said it included bacon and .... No bacon.... Very far out had to walk 10-15 min to bus stop which isnt easy with 15kg bag, also the shuttle fills up with tour groups . it takes another 20mins on bus to get into Venice. Absolutely nothing in the neighbourhood and if ur traveling solo like me DON'T GO HERE. And there's no wifi.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Elle20013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed in a bungalow because we didn't want to have to walk outside for bathrooms and showers. The facilities were nice, and well-priced. It was nice to sleep away from strangers after a week of hostels. But it was far away, and the shuttle bus was sometimes full, and doesn't run past 9:30 pm or earlier than 9:00, which is hard if you want to see Venice at night or have an early flight. It's not as close as their advertisement makes it sound. And the five euro breakfast doesn't include croissants, an Italian breakfast staple. The other food wasn't great either. If you stay here, just buy a croissant for one euro. They are SO GOOD. There was a cat at the swimming pool, which was adorable, and they have a convenient market and restaurant.

Room Tip: Make sure you know where the place you're staying is. Some of the places are pretty far away fro...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed here for 1 njght trying to save money staying on venice. Do not do it. I will pay more and avoisd the large walk. Its far from venice and the "bungalows" are road houses where you died of cold. I wont stay here again. Never

• Stayed October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Marghera hotels

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I think it depends on luck but I was traveling with my husband and we were on a budget so stayed at a lot of backpacker places but spent extra money to upgrade to private rooms with our own bathroom. At camping jolly we may aswell have shared a bathroom and saved the money the room was tiny to say the least the floor was stained and the shower was falling out of the wall.

The staff were very kind especially at the restaurant but I think if you are kind to them they will be kind to you. If you are not polite and don't even make an effort to say grazie they don't like that remember these people work hard to learn English for us I think the least we could do is learn to say grazie. The pool wasn't open for some reason and as that was one of the other reasons we booked this place it was disappointing. The wifi worked one day and the next was down I think it depends on how many people log on at the same time.

The shuttle into the venice monorail is good but you need to book well in advance or you miss out and you need to also book your way back the time you want to come back before you leave. This is hard as you don't really know how long you will want to stay in venice.

I wouldn't stay here again.

Oh and the bad we had gave me and my husband a bad back for days

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I am surprised the ratings for this place are so low. Stayed 2 nights in September 2013. There was free wifi and breakfast was included for the rate of less than 50 euros per night for a 2 person room with private bathroom (booked through priceline). There was a shuttle running hourly from 9am that drove into Venice for 2 euro per person and returned hourly until 10:30pm. There was also a city bus from Venice that drops off about a 10 minute or so walk from Jolly. There is also free parking at Jolly so, if you have a car, you can drive to Venice for the day (where parking is 21 euro per day). The reception was friendly, spoke English, and provided me with maps of venice and the neighbourhood of the hotel upon request. The bungalow itself was basically a trailor park style construction and of a simple design - no frills, no maid service, but the room was clean, the bedding and bathroom were clean, and the shower had hot water. Great value considering the otherwise high cost of hotels in Venice (and surrounding area).

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lindsey_A_Mar
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are pretty good, We stayed in a two person bungalow. The wifi only works at reception, but there are a few computers you can use. I had a bad experience with the bartender short changing me by 30 euro and then refusing to give me her manager's name or contact info. Once I sent an email complaining though it was sorted out very quickly and I was refunded. So the service was both good and bad, depending who you talk to?

• Stayed September 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Check in was smooth.  Reception staff spoke good English.

The site is smaller than I imagined.

The mobile home is small.  There isn't much space in which to manoeuvre but there is adequate storage space for two so perhaps if we had utilised it, we may have not been tripping over everything and each other.

There is a good supply of.electric sockets and a fridge.  Everything worked.

It isn't the cleanest of places and there is dust in nooks and crannies, I notice. The cabin also smelled of body odour on arrival and we had to air it and put the sheets on.  I should note that there was little chance of me using the blanket or quilts which looked grubby and dirty.

The restaurant was above average actually that despite reading good reviews I still found surprising.   The steak we had was a little rare for the medium well that we ordered but it was still good. The chips were crisp and not fatty. Lasagne had a good flavour. salads were good. I had no complaints.

Wifi was hit and miss.   Sometimes it worked great and at other times nothing at all.

Air conditioning worked fine.

The shop on site is ok.

It can be a little noisy.  For example on Saturday night there were people splashing in the pool, a little worse for wear with alcohol but I expected it and to be perfectly honest, it didn't bother me.  There was general noise from next door but it was the vibrations when people walked around or banged one of the doors that I found more annoying.

Breakfast is 6 euros and whilst it looked good and consisted of scrambled eggs, bacon, frankfurter type sausages, baked beans (watery) bread (toaster not working properly) cereal, fruit, yoghurt, etc, my husband and I both found the cooked food just so salty that it was hard to eat without also downing copious amounts of water.

We didn't use the shuttle bus and found it really easy and less restrictive to get bus number 6 which takes about 30 mins max and takes you right into Venice itself. You buy your bus pass or tickets from the tabacchi shops but also there are sometime machine nearby. If you buy a pass for the length of time of your stay, you are able to use it on all public transport including the water ferrries so navigating your way around Venice is really easy.

Overall a decent stay and I would book here again because it was cheap, cheerful and easy to get into Venice.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank nicksibubs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marghera
Hotel Belvedere
#154 of 386 in Venice
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,998 reviews
Villa Adele Hotel
#3 of 14 in Marghera

Been to Camping Village Jolly? Share your experiences!