“Average”

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Marghera
cumbria
“Average”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The hotel was ok, some of the staff were a bit sharp though.
charging to look after your bags before check in was a bit cheeky and the first time I've ever been charged. The bed was rock hard and the pillows even worse, we did ask for more pillows but were told the cleaning staff had gone and we should have asked earlier !!

breakfast was good and plenty of it, good location for the trains and buses to Venice.

Room Tip: Good location to visit Venice on the cheap handy for the buses and trains, ask for extra pillows as...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jcotraveller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
La Canada Flintridge, California
Reviewed September 14, 2013

OK, it was a clean room with a bed and a bathroom the size of closet ~ not a walk in. Like the others said be careful of the tour buses. Next time I visit Venice, if I ever do, I will stay in Venice. We had a challenge finding a room for 4 and we should have just split into 2 rooms. I'm sure the area is ok but I wouldn't want to walk there alone from the train at night. The breakfast was a dud. I'm not a fan. We decided this was our least favorite hotel during our 3 weeks in Europe.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank chillynv

Travelers are raving about these Marghera hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The hotel is in a convenient location, few meters to bus stop number 6 , the one that takes you to Venice. Big hotel with no special attractiveness, though the rooms are new , clean and spacious with airconditioning, completely necessary if you go to Venice in Summer time. Its a pity that they charge for wifi. Breakfast is very poor.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Montse P
Calarasi, Romania
Reviewed August 5, 2013

As the previous contributors already said, in the morning it was very noisy from the tour buses, the internet wifi quite expensive. As good parts of the hotel, position - very close to the bus station for Piazzale Roma, clean and a breazy air conditioner. The breakfast is basic.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Veterinaru
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Definately noisy in the morning from the tour buses (at least if your room is at the front) annoyingly waking me up at 6:30 am. I had asked for a room away from the front but did not get it. To be fair, I was part of a tour group the first night and the reservation I made myself was for the second night. They told me just to keep the same room for the second night. I would have asked to change rooms except that I knew I had to be up early the next morning anyway to get to the airport and didn't want to have to pack up and move all my stuff and potentially need to pay to store it.

The location is good. Just a short walk from the train station. There are no English TV stations if that makes any difference. Only one French station that I was able to watch. My room was clean and comfortable other than the noise in the morning. I decided to not check my email here as I didn't want to pay for wifi.

There is not enough staff for the number of guests. I was on a tour group of about 15 people staying there. There are however other very large bus tours staying there meaning there are sometimes close to 50 people coming in at one time making the lobby chaos.

Stayed there as a matter of convenience.
The rooms were clean and comfortable other than the noise in the morning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank lmsylvester
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed July 25, 2013

What a terrible, terrible hotel. After my first night staying on the 5th floor in an unrenovated room - no working shower and everything was dirty; I was then moved to the ground floor to a DISABLED room! At least the disabled room was new and clean... They make you pay for the wifi, which then doesn't work anyhow. The train station is only a 5 min walk away, but at night it doesn't feel safe to walk home from there. The night staff have no idea what's going on and weren't able to help me in any way, so I had to keep waiting for the daytime staff. The breakfast is cereal, bread, bad coffee and juice and yoghurt. Terrible hotel stay.

Room Tip: If they offer you a 5th floor room - refuse it immediately.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Leisa W
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was clean and presentable however this varies from room to room not all have been updated so be aware each floor and section of rooms differ. The wifi here is ridiculous it works now and then. Upstairs room get wifi more than downstairs who must sit in the lobby to get wifi. And the price of wifi is very high. I wouldn't stay there again. Although you can get the train into Venice I only suggest tour groups not singles or families to stay there. I was on a tour so it was acceptable.

• Stayed July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marghera
Hotel Tritone
Best Western Plus Hotel Bologna
Hotel Villa Costanza
Hotel Villa Costanza
#2 of 58 in Mestre

Been to Hotel Mondial? Share your experiences!