“Convenient”
Review of Hotel Mondial

Hotel Mondial
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Marghera
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The hotel is in a convenient location, few meters to bus stop number 6 , the one that takes you to Venice. Big hotel with no special attractiveness, though the rooms are new , clean and spacious with airconditioning, completely necessary if you go to Venice in Summer time. Its a pity that they charge for wifi. Breakfast is very poor.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Montse P
There are newer reviews for Hotel Mondial

Reviewed August 5, 2013

As the previous contributors already said, in the morning it was very noisy from the tour buses, the internet wifi quite expensive. As good parts of the hotel, position - very close to the bus station for Piazzale Roma, clean and a breazy air conditioner. The breakfast is basic.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Veterinaru
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Definately noisy in the morning from the tour buses (at least if your room is at the front) annoyingly waking me up at 6:30 am. I had asked for a room away from the front but did not get it. To be fair, I was part of a tour group the first night and the reservation I made myself was for the second night. They told me just to keep the same room for the second night. I would have asked to change rooms except that I knew I had to be up early the next morning anyway to get to the airport and didn't want to have to pack up and move all my stuff and potentially need to pay to store it.

The location is good. Just a short walk from the train station. There are no English TV stations if that makes any difference. Only one French station that I was able to watch. My room was clean and comfortable other than the noise in the morning. I decided to not check my email here as I didn't want to pay for wifi.

There is not enough staff for the number of guests. I was on a tour group of about 15 people staying there. There are however other very large bus tours staying there meaning there are sometimes close to 50 people coming in at one time making the lobby chaos.

Stayed there as a matter of convenience.
The rooms were clean and comfortable other than the noise in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank lmsylvester
Reviewed July 25, 2013

What a terrible, terrible hotel. After my first night staying on the 5th floor in an unrenovated room - no working shower and everything was dirty; I was then moved to the ground floor to a DISABLED room! At least the disabled room was new and clean... They make you pay for the wifi, which then doesn't work anyhow. The train station is only a 5 min walk away, but at night it doesn't feel safe to walk home from there. The night staff have no idea what's going on and weren't able to help me in any way, so I had to keep waiting for the daytime staff. The breakfast is cereal, bread, bad coffee and juice and yoghurt. Terrible hotel stay.

Room Tip: If they offer you a 5th floor room - refuse it immediately.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Leisa W
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was clean and presentable however this varies from room to room not all have been updated so be aware each floor and section of rooms differ. The wifi here is ridiculous it works now and then. Upstairs room get wifi more than downstairs who must sit in the lobby to get wifi. And the price of wifi is very high. I wouldn't stay there again. Although you can get the train into Venice I only suggest tour groups not singles or families to stay there. I was on a tour so it was acceptable.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The beds were fine, and the place was clean. The wifi was expensive and also really unreliable. Breakfast was very average. More tellingly, the staff weren't helpful, with quite poor attitudes. We also had to pay to leave our bags there after checkout, before we left, and these were then put behind a curtain in the open lobby. I'd expect more security for a service I'm paying for. It was fine, but it's not a place I'd visit again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed as part of our tour. The hotel is not in Venice, but not far away. It is on a street with buses regularly passing by. Despite it being summer the air-cons were not operable so we had to open the windows making it rather noisy from a street facing room. The property could improve on their management. Check-in was slow. Wifi is charged. The staircase was covered in thick dust and debris which a tour mate reported but it was never cleaned over our two day stay. Rooms were quite clean and pleasant tho with their mauve colour theme and Venetian prints. Beds are firm. Shower cubicles vary in size - our kids' room's was just acceptable, but ours was so tiny we could not bend down in it (don't drop the soap!). Towels are good and changed reliably. Breakfast was just ok - one croissant placed on your plate, then simple bread, cereals and spreads/cheeses. A not very effective hot beverage station. Many of our tour mates found it hard to find dinner nearby. We found a couple of great restaurants in Mestre which is around 10 mins walk away. Turn right out of the hotel and brave the long train station underpass. Try Moro for great pasta. There is a bus right outside the hotel to get you into Venice in 10 mins. Coming back is a bit trickier due to the one way streets. Press the bell when the bus leaves the freeway and look for the central water fountain as a landmark. You can get return bus tickets from the small newsagency - turn left from outside the hotel. Quite a long walk passed the newsagency is a large supermarket. This is an ok option if this is your budget range. Venice is great!

Room Tip: Back rooms quieter
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SMLTreadlightly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marghera
Hotel Autoespresso
#18 of 58 in Mestre
Hotel Tritone
Hotel Tritone
#8 of 58 in Mestre

Been to Hotel Mondial? Share your experiences!