“This place is a gem”

Ranked #5 of 65 Restaurants in Marghera
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My wife and I went there expecting to have lunch but the kitchen was closed. The pizza oven was still working, so, instead of leaving, we opted for pizza, despite having not so great pizza experiences in Italy.

Oh boy, how I was surprised after my first bite! The dough in this place is great, it has a kind of buttery taste/feel. I ordered an artichoke pizza and this simple topping was more than enough to satisfy me.

I often find that the best pizzas are the ones with simple toppings, but made with special care to the ingredients and this was the case with 'Al Giardinetto': great dough, a tasty mozzarela and tomato sauce that didn't drown the artichoke. And it was very well priced too.

I had pizza again in the day after and was thoroughly satisfied one more time. Highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for Pizzeria Al Giardinetto

Reviewed October 6, 2012

It was just okay. It was my first Italian meal in Italy and I wasn't overly moved. It was a very pretty place. The staff was nice. They had English menus, but staff spoke little to no English. It didn't hinder our experience though.

Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Good selection of pizzas, with optional Kamut flour base. 3 drought beers: Pedavena, Leffe and Meisens Weisbier and good choice of bottled and brewpub beers. The pizzas are of a high quality made with wood fed oven.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

As we come to Venice (almost every year) we stay in the same hotel and have dinner (almost every night) at the Giardino. And, almost every night we have Spritz, white wine, aqua naturale and the unique pizza mille gusti. We end with a lemon sorbetto. Ask to be seated in the garden, and enjoy as we do!

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Went here twice during my trip due to the fact that it's the only real place to eat in the whole town, or so it seemed. The pizza was really good - I wouldn't order anything else though. The waitresses don't know English very well - but it give you a chance to practice your Italian!