“Excellent Staff”

Brookers Oast
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Paddock Wood
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
“Excellent Staff”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Food not that great but hey it's cheap and cheerfull. The staff made it worth the visit to be honest,they are welcoming proffesional yet extremely friendly.We went to one of thier 'theme nighst' Curry nigh,t but the curries on offer were'nt up to much to be honest and there really wasn't enough of them, the bowls were always almost empty..but it wasn't horrible although my husband didnt enjoy his choice, but each as much as you like for £6.29!!!! Not bad in my book...proberbly woulnd'nt go agian for dinner,however for lunch it would be fine..

• Visited January 2013

Kent
“Christmas dinner not worth the money”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We booked Christmas lunch for 25/12 cost £300 for 6 of us £120 deposit and the balance on the day while this is not top of the tree pricing wise for Christmas day it still is not what you could call a bargain without drinks. The usual stuff starters a couple of choices pate prawn coctail ect main course turkey or beef with sprouts roast vege ect. Nothing good to say really. The service was just ok waited over 30 mins after finishing our starters before being asked to go up to the carvery to get our main meal. I am not a lover of carveries at the best of times and ok I knew it was self service when I booked but assumed that because of the exact number of pre booked timed guests that the food might at least be fresh. How wrong could I be. The prawn cocktail was a poor thrown together excuse for food chucked on a plate not even in a dish. The not over generous portion of prawns tasted like very cheap Pacific prawns very hard and chewy/ They had bothered put a small amount of lettice with it and the sauce was ok but the presentation was very very poor. Verdict on the starter very unimaganative poor 2 out of 10 my 12 year old could have done much better. Well after wzaiting a long time they came and cleared our plates then another long wait before we were invited to go to the counter to get our dinner. You could have beef or turkey I tried a bit of both. There was a couple of choices of vege nothing special sprouts like bullets and dried up carrots gravy and cauliflower cheese (a strange choice for Christmas) and yorkshire pudding. The cauliflower cheese was quite tasty as it turned out beef very dry boned and rolled turkey was very tender but loaded in fat the yorkshires did not seem to be made as they were all exactly the same flat hard and tasteless most of the veg was dry apart from the cauliflower and sorry almost forgot parsnips they wer very finely cut but quite tasty. I personally only have a teaspoon full of gravy just on my meat usually but it was good gravy smooth and very tasty. Overall though a generous 3 out of 5 for the main course. Pudding was at least served to our table eventially took ages and they seemed to have plenty of staff knocking about. I had the Xmas pud with sauce or custard very small portion in a preformed shape definately bought specially in individual portions it was ok not what I would have expected but not offensive for plastic food. Pudding 4 out of 10 and again very generous to give that mark.
In summary not enough attention by staff starter discraceful presentation buffet (which I forgot to mention after waiting ages we then had to queue for more than 15 mins to be served) dry and processed food of the lowest quality pudding processed pre packed. Very little effort has gone into a very basic meal no ballons on the tables they did have a cracker but overall for a few pounds more we could have gone to a resterant that cares about food. Pub food yes but very low down the scale at the best of times but you would have thought that at Christmas much more effort could have been put into offering a reasonable quality of food and service at £12 each I would still not considered this value never mind £50 each without a drink. I understand that there are extra costs at Christmas but they should be totally assamed of themselves sloppy and not good enough in any area.

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank countryfanKent
London, United Kingdom
“Good food”
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

I've been here a couple of times with a friend and the 6 children we look after all aged under 5 years. The food is very good with good sized portions. There are plenty of high chairs and a play area outside. The food arrived quickly and everyone cleared their plates even the fussy eaters

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Good food & plenty of it”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Obviously this restaurant can be very busy because of its location but if you are fortunate enough to visit when it is not full you can get a good wholesome meal at a very reasonable price ... food is always freshly cooked, didn't have to wait long and it tasted good.

• Visited March 2012
Paddock Wood, United Kingdom
“only paddock wood pub that does food”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

good food at reasonable prices, plenty of parking and friendly staff although lacking in atmosphere

1 Thank rainbownash3