“Dissapointing”

Hop Farm Family Park
More attraction details
Owner description: The Hop Farm Family Park is Kent's major visitor attraction. Open everyday (except on special event days). Pay/play rides/attractions and more.
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Went to the Hop Farm this morning with our 3 year old Grandson. What a disappointing visit. .It's now free to get in, that's just as well because there is nothing to do!! You have to buy tokens to use the rides and attractions they are £1 each there are only 2 fairground rides a small train and small T cups ride both are 2 tokens each there are a few bouncy castles which are 3 tokens each for a short time, its a total rip off, the facilities are poor the cafeteria in the park is awful the coffee is disgusting and the food on offer is poor standard rubbish, the upside to that is it's warm and there is a (free) soft play area for the kiddies. My grandson had great fun in there. The farm animals are virtually non existent apart from a few chickens and Lamas .No hint of the Easter bonanza it is advertised as.. No wonder this place is in trouble it truly is an appalling place and I will never got there again oh and one more thing the dreadful music they play is blaring out so much so that it hard to hear yourself speak!!!!! Awful place, they will have to pay ME to visit again..

7  Thank shaz22_12
There are newer reviews for Hop Farm Family Park

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Just read today in the local paper that the Hop Farm has hit finanical difficulties and may be closing down. In my view this is completely deserved. About 12 years ago the Hop Farm was a farm with a interesting element of history. Now it has changed beyond recognition and looks like a theme park and the prices have tripled. The cafes are awful, the staff unfriendly and the facilities are rubbish and they seem to focus on their events and festivals - which I can luckily say that have now moved elseware. I hope if the Hop Farm is saved, it is restored to it's former glory and becomes a farm again, not a theme park. That, I feel is its downfall.

3  Thank Travelingteabiscuit
Reviewed March 14, 2013

don't bother going there, it is a dump! everything is broken and run down, staff are rude and un-helpful. The whole place is bad value for money, pathetic entertainment, boring and dirty.I felt that I had wasted my time and money, stayed for about half an hour.I was glad to leave the place.

2  Thank richard b
Reviewed March 7, 2013

You're all just getting old clearly.
I take my 2 year old charges every week when it's open, yes the carpet in hoppers is disgusting, but the entertainment (half terms and especially baby club) is great. I have never heard a child complain about their day at the hop farm-surely it's all about the kids???
£37 yearly membership is an absolute bargain, the staff (most of them) are friendly and helpful.
Give my charges the choice of where we go and they are always guaranteed to say Hop Farm. It is what you make of it, we aim to make days out fun and exciting.
Ok the menu in hoppers has gone downhill but it's not difficult to take a picnic and is cheaper. I have been going since I was a small child -we have always had memberships and yes I think it was better 10-15 years ago and it is commercialised now but WE LOVE IT!!!!!!!

1  Thank ME1987ME
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Took my nephew here for his 6th birthday along with his 9 year old sister (1st August 2012). They had fun, although there was a lot of queuing for most activities and there was lots of different timings set for 'shows', but it was impossible to get to all of them for the kids to get their stickers to fill their 'sticker book' given on entry. No announcements were made to remind us.

They enjoyed these show bits though, I think there should be more of them and 3 times a day, not just twice. However, it did seem like the staff were overworked and doing many jobs, maybe just a sign of recession, but customers are still paying the same price as ever. The staff made the place, from start to finish they were pleasant, good with the kids and very helpful.

Unfortunately, the worst bit was the cafe, trying to get food was crazy, one of them told us they had run out of food! It wasn't that busy a day. So, then the only one that had food, had burgers/chips left and my mum was queuing for 15 mins, then waited there for another 25 mins to get the food, which certainly wasn't worth it. And the kids thought she'd been kidnapped as we were painting a pottery model (which cost extra).

It was an extremely hot day and although there was plenty of seating, it did not have any shade over it, this would have helped on a day like that. Drinking water was overpriced, so take your own. The car park is not far from the entrance so you can take stuff with you, or go back and get it, no problem to go in/out.

1  Thank Elaine T