“Woderful hotel: in between city/lake/mountais”
Review of Hotel Vacanze 2000

Hotel Vacanze 2000
Ranked #10 of 71 Hotels in Malcesine
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Wonderful hotel: close to the center of the city and lake. Fantastic view to the lake and mountains. Nice library, books from classic to Ozzy Osbourne bio. Kind personal (owners) (before trip they sent me scheme how to find hotel and how to reach it avoiding complicated steep streets). Highly recommended for those, who like peaceful stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We visited Malcesine for a wedding 22nd to 29th May.
We were greeted by Manuel who showed us to our room which was very clean, spacious with lots of storage and a great view from the balcony.
We had room 304 which was located nearest the door to the flat roof which was ideal for sunbathing.
The hotel has a small bar and provides breakfast and for the tea lovers a selection of Twinings tea like you have never seen. There is no restaurant but a 15 min walk in to the centre has everything you need, we would recommend La Pace and Mignon but all the food is good especially the Gelato I will miss that.
I would recommend a good first aid / tablet selection the local pharmacy charge 9 euros for a pack of ibuprofen!
Anyway, back to Vacanze 2000, we would definitely recommend as Manuel and his brother are great hoteliers who make you feel very welcome and are happy to chat and help with anything you need, so thank you both.
Should we visit the area again we would try an apartment especially as there are plans to renovate them.
Good luck guys and thanks for a great stay in a beautiful town.

Room Tip: Pay the little extra for delux room
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I had a fantastic weekend! Enjoyed Malcesine and hosts were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble! Small steep drive to get up, however with all the italian food it was nice to try and burn some off!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We chose this hotel based on Tripadvisor recommendations seen. is a good hotel, clean, well positioned in Malcesine. I can not say the same about the hosts. I had some trouble finding the hotel which is why we called the reception, but the guidance that we have received not helped much. Finally I found the hotel and when we got to reception we were greeted by Manuel, who looked with contempt and obviously very upset that we've called to ask for directions I do not understand. For 5 mornings for breakfast, I never saw a smile on his face while the other guests Germans always laughing out loud. maybe because we are romanian people and we are not so welcome in Italy. It is the only hotel where I felt unwelcome. I travel a lot and I never happened that way.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank quattromagic
claudiomarchetti, Direttore at Hotel Vacanze 2000, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Hello quattromagic,

normally I don't reply to reviews on tripadvisor, since I prefer to send a private email for to thank the guests for the stay, for appreciations, and suggestions.
Since, this time, the criticism is addressed directly to me, I will act differently.

The day of your arrive, a rainy day, you have phoned to the hotel to ask some directions to reach the hotel, since your navigation system don't give to you useful advices.
It's not the first time that something similar happen. Malcesine is a small town, and navigation systems often work best in large cities, than in small ones.
For this reason I send to all the guests a little map with some directions.

During our telephone conversation, I asked to you if you have noticed some road sign, to try to understand if you were close to, or far, from the Hotel.
After some informations too general, (Malcesine, Via Panoramica), you have told me that you had just passed the "Residence Alin".
Since this Residence is quite near the hotel, I have told you to stop the car near the Residence, and wait in that place, so that I can reach you with my scooter, and bring back to the hotel.
I thought it was the best solution.
So I have taken my scooter, I went out under the rain, and I waited for you, 10 minutes, in front of the Residence Alin, always under the rain.
After about 10 minutes, I went back to the hotel, and a couple of minutes after, while I was explaining the situation to my brother (I can't stay at the reception, since I was soaking wet, I needed a change of clothes), you walked in the reception of the hotel saying, that at the end, you found the way.

I don't looked at you with contempt, but I was certainly a little upset.
I don't like to stay more than 10 minutes under the rain without a reason (maybe in my next life I'll be a fish, but in this I'm a man, and I usually prefer to be dry when is raining outside).
If you didn't want to wait me near the other Residence, you had only to told me, and I looked for another solution to give the necessary indications.

For 5 mornings I welcomed you in the breakfast room in the morning, as all other guests.
I make ready the table for your daughter, after your arrival (the hotel don't have fixed tables for breakfast of the guests in the morning, so, every one can choose the favorite table, among the available. The tables are ready for two persons, so is quite easy to add an extra place, when needed).
I have tried to make some conversation, but you don't seemed very willing to talk. I am not usually force guests to talk, if I do not see them inclined to do so.

The other guests making breakfast (not only germans, but also english) are laughing (not so out loud for what I remember), maybe because your daughter are playing on the floor of the breakfast room, or singing while she was watching some TV on your Ipad (or Iphone, unfortunately after 3 months I don't remember all the details).
Sorry if the laughing of the other guests have disturbed you, but, since they too were on holidays, I don't find so unusual they were laughing.

At the end, I hope you can visit again Malcesine, and perhaps Hotel Residence Vacanze 2000 (the next time I hope you don't have problem to find it) and I wish you a merry christmas, or, if the Mayans were right, (I'm writing this reply the 14th December) a nice end of the world.

Manuel Marchetti

PS - I prefer not to argue your words "maybe because we are romanian people and we are not so welcome in Italy".
Italy is a country that usually is referred to as "a warm welcome, and attitude" with persons of other countries, especially when you take in consideration the travellers, and the sector of hospitality.
Maybe italians are not perfect in all (is there a perfect nation in the world?) but, certainly, we are not racist, and for sure I'm not.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the Vacanze 2000 four times over the last eight years and will return again with no hesitation.
We have never stayed in the hotel side of the building but talking to lots of Guests who have told us the rooms our excellent.
The apartments are very basic but spotlessly clean. They have everything you need and overall good value for the money. The Twin brothers who run the hotel are very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.
The hotel is approximately 1km from the centre of Malcesine but it is a beautiful walk along side of the lake with a couple f bars to call in.
With plenty of restaurants in Malcesine to choose from we have tried to eat at as many as possible with our favourite being The Mignon Restaurant in the middle of the maze town.
We recommend this hotel highly.

Room Tip: If self catering rooms 215, 216 217 are all high floor rooms with views of the lake.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 2 weeks inSept/Oct in a double deluxe room,modern and very clean with lovely views of the lake and mountains.We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and were more than happy with our choice of hotel,However, I have to say that it is more suited for the German tourist,which is not surprising as 90% of the tourists in Malcecine are indeed from Germany so most hotels here would be much the same in that respect.
Breakfast was varied and plentiful,clean towels every day,and the brothers who run the hotel were very efficient,helpful and polite at all times
A bit of a walk uphill from the lake but we we soon got used to it.
A few english channels on the t.v would have been nice as the BBC news channel gets a little bit monotonous after 2 weeks.
This hotel is much better than its 2 star rating and should be at least 3 star,and if you are going to Malcecine,try staying here,you will not be disappointed

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank trevbee123
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We were travelling to Lake Garda for a Wedding taking place the 2nd week in Sept and booked this hotel for four of us that were travelling to wedding, We had a lovely stay in hotel Vancanze 2000 and even though it was a small hotel it is very modern & comfortable inside! The Owners Manuel & his brother were very nice and always on hand if you needed anything! They remain on Reception until around 11pm which was fantastic as we had a late arrival over to Lake Garda. The doors to the hotel close at midnight so you get a card with a key code to access the main door if you are home later than midnight which was great. The breakfast was perfect in the morning and is served from 8.30am - 10.30am. The swimming pool was great as we practically had it to ourselves everyday, I'd say this was due to the number of people who stayed here as it is a small hotel, also we stayed on the 3rd floor of the hotel but I don't think other guests knew that there was an entrance just as you come out of the lift to bring you up to a big roof top terrace that had amazing views of the Lake and the whole area from it, It had chairs and sun loungers up there too so we also spent time sunning ourselves up there & enjoying the views. the town is only a 10minute walk away & the Cable car is also a 10minute walk away! When you come down the walkway from the hotel you come to the main road, you can walk to the town & Cable Car up the main road which is dangerous as they do not have foot paths so your best option is to take the scenic route which is crossing the road as you come to the main road and there is a concrete path/steps between two houses that bring you on to the lake and you can walk up the lovely promenade to the town! The town has many shops and restaurants and the ice creams are to die for! I would recommend this hotel to other people who want a small comfortable place to stay. They will also organize a transfer from the airport to Hotel Vacanze 2000, which is great! We needed a transfer on our way back to the airport & Manuel & his brother organized it for us, They have a great local taxi-man called Lucas who is very friendly and owns a comfortable 8seater taxi and charged us €70 cheaper than the transfer Agencies! So all round we had a lovely comfortable, pleasant & hassle free stay and would definitely stay again. Please note most of the hotels outside the town are situated on hills as it is a mountainous region so even though Hotel Vancaze is on the hills it is not too far up the hill, maybe a 2 minute walk from the main road.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family