We travel a lot and went to this hotel last summer.
We did not like it at all, so that we had to spend one day of our holiday to look for another hotel...
But let's start with the good points:
1. The hotel has a nice website, with beautiful, professional pictures. However, this gives you a misleading of the hotel. You cannot see that the rooms are very small and that the hotel is on a very busy road. Further it seems as if you have full frontal lake view, but the lake view is only (very) partial or not (room on the back) and you have to look behind a busy road, houses, buildings and shops to see a part of it.
2. The rooms are tastefully decorated, many IKEA stuff. I you like that, this is a positive point for you.
Now what we did not like:
1. The hotel is on one of the busiest places of Malcesine, right on the main road, with many noise, all night long. You'll here people shouting, car horns etc. So definitely NOT a place if you want to relax on your holiday and definitely NOT right at Lake Garda.
2. The room is very, very hot. Not doable without air condition, which of course is at extra charge. 1 and 2 gave us sleepless nights...
3. The room is very, very small. No room for two suitcases, you can hardly move in your room. And you don't want to, because it's so hot and noisy. The bathroom is super small! Not even place for a rack in the shower to put your shampoo/ soap on. It was the smallest room we have stayed in.
4. The room was not cleaned, when we arrived back in the hotel after a long day, although we were away from 12:30 - 22:30. When we politely asked the owner if cleaning was not included, she answered: yes, but I like to do that in the morning after breakfast. When I said that we left after 12:30 her reaction was: I cannot keep up when my guests leave their room. No excuses or anything!
5. The price is very overrated. We paid EUR 200 for two nights, more than we paid for our other, way better, 3 and 4 stars hotels on this trip. When we looked for another hotel in Malcesine, we found many, many hotels with a better view, bigger rooms, more quiet, better breakfast and service and also a pool. Prices of way better 3 stars hotels start around 60 euro in high season. We ended up moving to another more star hotel in Malcesine, paying 80 euro per night for a fantastic room! Large, romantic, right at the lake, no noise, relaxing, with pool, parking, free internet etc. In Malcesine there is a hotel office, that can look into all hotel availability. They will be more than happy to help you with a better hotel.
6. The hotel has no pool or other relaxing area. The terrace where the breakfast is served (only till 09:30) is right on the busy main road, so not a place to sit and relax.
7. The hotel has a few parking spaces, however, when we arrived around 22:30, there was no space left...so we had to park in the street.
8. Internet is at extra charge and very slow/ does not work properly all the time.
9. Not suitable for persons with mobility issues, no elevator, you have to walk stairs with your suitcases to enter the building and then again to go to your room. As we are a young couple, this was no problem for us.
10. Last but worst!! The owner is not service minded at all. We had many contact with her in the days before our booking and arrival, telling her that we were looking for a Malcesine hotel as part of our honeymoon. And that we were looking for a romantic, quiet place to relax at the lake front. Yes, this was possible at hotel Peler, said the owner.
We were very dissapointed upon arrival. Not because we did not get any honeymoon flowers or fruit, like in the other hotels, but because of the small, hot and very noisy room - not relaxing. I wanted to leave immediately, however, my wife felt sorry for the owner and asked to stay at least one night. We mentioned our disspointment politely, but did not get any understanding from the owner.
Next morning we asked her if she knew any other hotels in the area, that would meet our needs. Again no help and understanding at all.
At night we came back, we had not booked any hotel yet. Owner was not there. That night was just really horrible with the noise and heat, we did not sleep at all.
The next morning we asked the owner very politely if we could leave, saying, we like the decoration of the rooms, but when we stay here, this would be spoiling our own holiday, simply because we were looking for relaxation and quietness. She said that indeed her hotel was the best decorated hotel of the area and was angry with us. When we finally checked out, we paid cash, but because my wife (still) felt sorry for her, since it is her own hotel and not a big company, we did not mention the cash payment discount she promised.
She on the otherside, said there will be no discount and that the price would be 20 euro higher as said before, because of the short stay, and that this additional price of 20 euro was written on her website. Although we explained to her, that not only for her it was loss of a client, but also for us a loss of our holidays to look for another hotel, she had NO understanding at all. She kept asking for the extra money. We paid, because we really wanted to leave and thought: she probably needs it more than we do.
When we were at the hotel office, the lady showed us the hotel Peler website, that did not mention the 20 euro extra at all. And she told us that if the client is not satisfied at all, the hotel owner should at least NOT give you a hard time to leave, if the complaints cannot be solved. How the owner of this hotel threated us, without any respect for our holiday, is really a bad attitude for someone in the hospitality branche.
In short: don't go here, many way better and way cheaper hotels in Malcesine.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Peler reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peler Hotel Malcesine
- Hotel Peler Malcesine, Lake Garda, Italy