We stayed at the Val di Sogno for a weeks much needed break in May. The hotel itself was in a lovely quiet location, with stunning views overlooking the lake. The hotel was a little smaller than we anticipated but nevertheless it was a lovely hotel and very much up to date in style and decor. The staff were very nice, helpful and made you feel very welcome. The walk from the hotel in Malcesine was half an hour at a steady pace - again the views along the lake were stunning. The only downside to staying at the hotel was the food. Having booked half board we did expect a little more variation from what was being offered. The cooked breakfast was limited to bacon and scrambled eggs the other egg option being hard boiled. There was a limited selection of prepackaged biscuits, a small selection of pastries, together with a small selection of cereals and fresh fruit . The orange juice tasted very synthetic and certainly was not freshly squeezed. The evening meal which we had to pick from a menu card at breakfast was again limited, although well cooked. The salad buffet bar was very poorly presented, limited and resembled a salad bar at a supermarket. There was an a la carte menu available at lunch time, we also noted that they did not have a light lunch/snack menu which is usually available if you do not want to have a large meal at lunch time. Apart from the food we had a lovely stay and would not rule out going back to the hotel but only on a bed and breakfast basis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your ideal stay here on Lake Garda, where to live a relaxing experience discovering the area and beauties of the lake, themountain and the inland, lulled by the sound of water, the starry sky and ... the silence! The Hotel Val di Sogno is the ideal place, situated directly on Lake Garda shores. With its heated pool, its green garden and lovely view it is designed for your holidays in relax, among sports, nature and landscapes ... simply a dream! Passion for hospitality, familiar sleek approach, unforgettable experience of serenity and peace. And for those who love good food, our young kitchen brigade offers the best local dishes elaborated with enthusiasm and creativity in the new Restaurant DOLCIAQUE. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Val di Sogno reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Val Di Sogno Hotel Malcesine
- Val Di Sogno Malcesine
- Hotel Val Di Sogno Malcesine, Lake Garda, Italy