“pasta to die for”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: facebook:Bottega Del Vino Malcesine
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The best pasta dish all holiday jumbo macaroni with ewes milk cheese with bacon and mushrooms and tomato sauce, The home made pizza was fantastic also eat twice whilst on holiday at this restaurant, The Bardolino supieror carafe was brilliant value as was the prosecco, the service was very good, busy each time we visited but the food was brilliant and very good value ,

Reviewed August 20, 2012

You can mistake this place for a shop but it's really a very good little restaurant. I visited twice during a week long holiday with a friend at the end of July this year. The first time we went for lunch and just had glasses of Prosecco and appetiser plates. The cheese plate is gorgeous, so many locally made cheeses and each one utterly delicious.

The second time we went for dinner. The meal was very good and the brief electrical storm that threw out the power for 2 mins didn't faze the staff who continued to serve by candlelight. Prices were very inexpensive for Malcesine and you have the pleasure of being in a very authentic environment. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

My parents, boyfriend and myself went here for a casual lunch one rainy, cold day in early April. The small tavern feel made it very cosy and warm. The owner was friendly and inviting. He chatted with us for awhile and you could tell with his service, wine selection, and delicious food he is doing what he loves. We sat and enjoyed a very long, delicious lunch. Everyone enjoyed their food and the house red was great. We enjoyed it so much that later that night my boyfriend and I went back for dinner. We had another outstanding meal, more great wine and dessert. The pastas were cooked perfectly and the ingredients fresh. The staff was friendly and attentive even though they were very busy. The prices were great and this could easily work for couples, families, friends or solo. I think back to our meals here very fondly and often!

Reviewed June 18, 2012

a lovely little restaurant with loads of atmosphere ruined by one member of staff. Not sure if he owns the place or was just the head waiter but he was very abrupt, unfriendly and surly. We actually ate at the premises twice because we liked the layout but the middle aged male in question was just as repugnant the second time and not just with us. We witnessed him tell a young couple with their baby in a pram (which was placed at the far end of the bar) to move it because it was in his way. The poor couple were left in a clearly embarrassed state.Thankfully, the other member of staff, a young lady was much more approachable. Sorry to slate the place but unpleasant incidents will sour any occasion.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

I tried to go to this restaurant one night and it was full, so I went back the next night. Relatively small and the Brando portrait on the wall almost made me get up and leave, but I stuck with it and I'm glad I did. Really fair prices, good wine, small bottles to take away if you want (I did - got a small thing of grappa!). I had a great pasta with large noodles and vegetables and a mixed salad. In some restaurants the mixed salads are a waste of money but the one hear was a good size, varied and fresh.