“good lunh time in Malcesine - Garda Lake”

Ristorante Pizzeria Italia Da Nikolas
Ranked #47 of 102 Restaurants in Malcesine
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Ploiesti, Romania
“good lunh time in Malcesine - Garda Lake”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We chose the restaurant on our Malcesine tour and we've been so happy to find out that the guy who served us is Romanian too. Got a table outside on the terasse ( waited some minutes because was fully ), right to the water, with beautiful landscape. We ordered a good local beer and of course, pastas and pizza, which was really delicacy. We spent good time here, food and drink was good and our services as well.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Iulian_11

• Polish first
Healdsburg, CA
“Great location, ordinary food”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My friend live nearby and seemed to think this was the best pizza place in town. I think they must be wrong. The pizza was truly ordinary. The mushrooms on my wife's pizza came out of a can (if they didn't, then they should have). I had quattro stagioni (asparagus, artichoke, and two other toppings so ordinary, I have forgotten what they were).
The location, however, was excellent. But there are other ristorantes. I would definitely not eat here again.

• Visited July 2013
Guernsey, Channel Islands
“Great location, not so great food”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We chose this place on our first night in Malcesine as we were hungry and the lakeside view looked inviting. We got a table right on the water's edge, so it was perfect to watch the sun set over hills, but unfortunately, the food didn't match the standard of the location. Our drinks were fine, and there were no problems with the service, but the food really wasn't what we were expecting. My starter of pasta parcels tasted fine until my boyfriend pointed out how sweet it was, and then all I could taste was marzipan and marker pens! Then we had pizzas, which were huge, and the mushrooms on mine were mushy and squishy, not very pleasant. We didn't stay for desert. Such as shame as this place could be better and shouldn't rely on its position on the lake.

• Visited June 2013
Helsinki, Finland
“Stay away from this establishment”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Very nice location, service was quite ok but the food was disgusting. Started with Caprese which is hard to spoil - this was ok but somewhat tasteless. My wife then had salmon which was clearly taken out of the freezer and I guess in order to get warm had to be very much overfried (crunchy and dark). My Scallopine al Limone was also out of the freezer and tasted old in addition to being strangely colored. I would definitely say that these were the worse mains we both have ever eaten. My advice is to avoid this place at any cost.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank FIN2world
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It looks nice but the food is terrible!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I was here with my mom because it looks nice. But the food is terrible and it's expensive! First we had a drink, a aperol spritz 4 Euros and a Bellini 5 Euros. There was a lot of ice in the aperol spritz. Then as a appitizer we had a bruschetta together. The bread I think was already grilled in the afternoon and tasted old, the tomatoes were not seasoned. my mom had caprese, mozarella with tomatoes. It is a simple dish so you expect a little work, but there where slices of tomatoes with a mozarella they didn't bother to cut. I had the fish salad for almost 13 euros, so I expected that it would be fresh fish. The fish was still a little warm so I could tell it came from the freezer and then they put it in boiled water. Really disappointing!! As a main course we had 2 pizza's. Mine was with mushrooms. And even the mushrooms weren't fresh. For a restaurant that was full of people, you expect at least fresh food. There are a lot of nice restaurants in Malcesine don't let the nice view fool you, I would discomment this restaurant to everybody, don't go to this restaurant!!!

• Visited May 2013