“Stay away from this establishment”

Ristorante Pizzeria Italia Da Nikolas
Ranked #45 of 105 Restaurants in Malcesine
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Very nice location, service was quite ok but the food was disgusting. Started with Caprese which is hard to spoil - this was ok but somewhat tasteless. My wife then had salmon which was clearly taken out of the freezer and I guess in order to get warm had to be very much overfried (crunchy and dark). My Scallopine al Limone was also out of the freezer and tasted old in addition to being strangely colored. I would definitely say that these were the worse mains we both have ever eaten. My advice is to avoid this place at any cost.

1  Thank FIN2world

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I was here with my mom because it looks nice. But the food is terrible and it's expensive! First we had a drink, a aperol spritz 4 Euros and a Bellini 5 Euros. There was a lot of ice in the aperol spritz. Then as a appitizer we had a bruschetta together. The bread I think was already grilled in the afternoon and tasted old, the tomatoes were not seasoned. my mom had caprese, mozarella with tomatoes. It is a simple dish so you expect a little work, but there where slices of tomatoes with a mozarella they didn't bother to cut. I had the fish salad for almost 13 euros, so I expected that it would be fresh fish. The fish was still a little warm so I could tell it came from the freezer and then they put it in boiled water. Really disappointing!! As a main course we had 2 pizza's. Mine was with mushrooms. And even the mushrooms weren't fresh. For a restaurant that was full of people, you expect at least fresh food. There are a lot of nice restaurants in Malcesine don't let the nice view fool you, I would discomment this restaurant to everybody, don't go to this restaurant!!!

1  Thank Italialover12
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We used many of the town's restaurants in both May 2012 and '13. and this one has to go down as the top one in terms of food, beautiful interior and finest positioning of them all. Truly superb. Planned to go for our last night but the place was infested with crowds of children - great shame but not their fault !

1  Thank thebiguglybusdriver
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Found this restaurant on the very first night in Malcesine. Location and view was beautiful.
As I realised by the end of my 3 day stay in this town, the restaurants are there because of significant tourist volumes. Clearly a lot of the tourists are also not used to great Italian food.
There was not anything specifically wrong with the food, it was just very average. The pizza I buy when I am at home is just as good, if not slightly better.
In summary;
Service was good
Food - very average
Wine - below average
Location - very good

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Just returned from a meal here, and hugely disappointed. The scallops to start were the worst we have ever eaten, pizza mozzarella tasted of pineapple and the clams came in a vegetable stock. Hugely overpriced tourist cuisine that doesn't hold a candle to true Italiano cuisine. Dine elsewhere if you can. Regretted eating here!!!