$214
$179
$293
$251
Orbitz.com
All reviewscable carquiet side streetlake gardahelpful ownereggs made to orderbreakfast was deliciousgarage parkingpretty gardenpeaceful gardencentre of townwedding nightthe perfect place to stayspacious bathroomchose hotelhotel is immaculateevery morningminutes walk away
Reviewed September 28, 2011

We stayed in Malcesine for a week in September. We had the most superb weather during our stay in this fabulous part of Garda & our stay at Hotel Erika was fine. Its a well run place but I'm not sure it justifies the gushing praise it receives on TA. The Hotel is situated under 100m from the main road so you could hear somne traffic noise - It has no sea view and from our top floor room there was just a partial view of the Castle from the side window & a lovely view of the mountain from our verandah There is air conditioning which we used at times & was most welcome - it was that hot that we couldn't sit on the verandah during the heat of the day but as we were out most of the time it didn't matter. Unfortunately the male occupant of the adjacent room for the last 2 days of our stay was a virtual chain smoker & was up & puffing at 6am thus with his veranday adjoining ours & with our doors open all night we woke to the smell of his cigarettes rather than the cool mountain air we were expecting. I think if we had been staying longer then we may have asked to me moved. Incidentally because most restaurants are open air in Malcesine, non smokers will have to put up with clouds of smoke at most mealtimes! Across the road from the Hotel is the local school ( middle I think) and the pupils arrive quite early for their lessons including on Saturday. This didnt bother us cos we're not late sleepers but it might others fancying a lie in! I Breakfast is 730 to 930 and is very good - as much coffee as you want. A nice choice of continental breakfast on offer & a boiled egg as well. lovely. Only minor criticism is that the jams & honey were all out of little mini packet things. The atmosphere at breakfast is a bit rushed driven by a desire for efficiency. I'd have liked a more leisurely affair perhaps being allowed the option to have breakfast ouside for example as the weather was so nice. We met many holiday makers during our stay in Malcesine. Some had obtained "welcome Card 2011" from their hotels which offered substantial discounts against the cost of tourist activities ( boat/ castle/cable car) Maybe Hotel Erika is not part of the scheme as we were not offered the card.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hugozero
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I stayed in Erika hotel for 3 nights in early September. And I can not mention a singe thing which I disliked during my stay. On the opposite – everything was amazing.
Hotel is very good situated in the town – 2 minutes walk from the bus station, 2 minutes from the old city, and 5 minutes from the boats. There’s s supermarket and bank nearby, as well as funicular to Monte Baldo (which is absolutely gorgeous!!!).
My room was lovely, with a stunning view to the mountains sinking in clouds or lit with the sun rays, it was spacious enough and Wi-Fi worked there which was very important to me.
I really liked the breakfast with a good variety of choice for very fresh products, and of course I should mention home baked cakes and deserts which were gorgeous!
Every time breakfast room was served in a very stylish and unique way which I liked a lot.
And of course I am very thankful to Erika for that hospitality, kindness and care she treated me during my stay. I would also like to say ‘grazie mille’to Erika once again for a sweet present she made to me prior to my departure.
If I get it all together I am still afraid to forget some small details I enjoyed about my stay, so in order to avoid it – I highly recommend to visit Erika’s place and experience it on your own! You will never regret!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I can endorse everything that has been said about Erika and her family and the flawless way they run this quality hotel - the cleanliness, fabulous breakfast, care and attention to every detail. I helped plan a trip for 30 people, the majority of whom stayed at the hotel. Erika helped with finding restaurants available on both nights of our stay, which were exceptional in the quality of their food and very reasonable in price. Erika was also very practical when my flight back to London was cancelled due to the national strike - she let me have unlimited internet access and re-arranged my transfers to the airport. Nothing is too much trouble for Erika and her family.

The hotel is truly a little gem, just a few steps away from the busy old town and harbour area. It was a delight to sit in the little tranquil garden, sipping wine and letting the cares of the world pass you by.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the castle and lake provide the best views.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stayed here for our wedding in Sept 2011, and we couldn't have asked for a better hotel. Erika (the owner) is fantastic and greeted us at the door as we arrived. She provided excellent personal service for the entire week (such as ironing my shirt the day before the wedding) and went out of her way to make me and my new wife feel very special. We stayed in the bridal suite which was modern, spacious and immaculate. The breakfast was also very good and we really couldnt have asked for any more from our weeks stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Upon arrival I was greeted with ‘Chow Gemma’, I have never stayed at a hotel where the owner has greeted me with my first name before I’ve even said who I am. Erika then helped me and my partner carry our bags up to the room. Every morning for breakfast Erika greeted us and spoke to us in English, I think I was mostly surprised that Erika spoke to all of her guests in their first language and being a language professional myself this was most impressive. Erika is a lovely woman who is well respected within Malcesine, we asked Erika if she knew of a good restaurant, the one she recommended was the best restaurant we’d eaten at our whole stay, we mentioned to the waiter that we were staying with Erika and we received 10% discount. I feel like throughout our stay and through our many conversations that we actually became friends with Erika. The hotel itself is lovely, we loved the deco throughout, I’m not a very observant person so every day I was surprised by noticing the quaint decorations, pictures and ornaments. The hotel was impeccably clean, the breakfast was amazing and it’s situated in a great location. The rooms are nice with everything you need provided and the views from the balconies are beautiful. I really can’t recommend this hotel highly enough, definitely the best 3* hotel we’ve ever stayed in. If we were to return to Malcesine we would definitely stay there again and Erika if you ever come to Brighton in England your more than welcome to stay with us. Gemma and Sam.

Room Tip: Room 16 has an amazing view of the castle.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple