“A very good typical Italian seaside hotel... Back again in September”

Pietra di Luna Hotel
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Maiori
Reviewed June 27, 2014

The Pietra di Luna is a charming seaside hotel. Clean nicely equipped bedrooms (mini bar, tv, air con). Slightly dated, but that adds to the character of this hotel. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Stayed for 7 nights with half board. Great food and good selection of wines. Free WiFi in lobby and pool areas (had to ask a few times to turn on as the reception team forgot a few times) but not generally available in bedrooms. Two outside pools and sun terrace (nice for after dinner coffee and a glass or two of lemoncello). Hotel and local area great for seasoned travellers requiring calm and tranquility - not a night club region. Going back in September for two weeks...

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Alfonso I, Manager at Pietra di Luna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear Mr. Bray,

Meeting you at the Pietra di Luna Hotel has been a great pleasure, and I am really looking forward to your return in September. I am sure that soon you will become a real Maiorese and that the number of your friends will increase. Thank you for appreciating our facilities and services. We are working on the WFI problem that is not due to the reception forgetting to switch it on, but by the high number of connections. We hope to be able to avoid this for the future. Looking forward to welcome you back in September, I remain,
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed June 27, 2014

We stayed here as part of a coach party and had a lovely time. We had a balcony with side sea views which was very nice. The hotel has a swimming pool and also its own section of the beach.
The manager is hands-on and always ready to chat. The laundry service was good and special mention must be made of the barman who was excellent and very helpful. The only downside is the actual journey into the area which consists of narrow twisting mountain roads.Also the beds are very hard.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Madame,

Thank you very much for staying at the Pietra di Luna Hotel and for letting us know how you enjoyed your stay with us and our facilities and services. Sorry, for the twisted road, but on the other side all nice things are a bit hard to get, and I think the road is part of the charm of the Amalfi Coast. With regard to the beds, we know that the mattresses are a bit hard; the reason is that they are orthopaedic, so some people find them very comfortable and some think they are too hard. I suggest that if you decide to stay with us again, and that would be a real pleasure for us, is that you let us know in advance and we will find a solution for that too.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stayed for 5 nights at the Pietra hotel in Maiori and were pleasantly surprised. We came as a group of 19 and the staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly - even setting up breakfast for us at 6.45 on our day of departure.
The bedroom was very nice with plenty of room, air-conditioning and a lovely balcony big enough to sit on for watching the view and for evening drinks. Beds were very comfy.
The restaurant staff were extremely friendly, food was good and with a view over the bay.
The hotel had a good-sized swimming pool with plenty of room for sitting around, and also a private beach across the road.
Maiori itself was a nice-sized seaside resort with plenty going on, lots of eateries, a harbour and a wonderful walk over to Minori (another lovely resort). It was a good centre for visiting resorts on the coast and for a trip over to Capri by boat from the harbour. We were lucky in that we had a coach to take us around but it looked as though the bus service was very good.
The only comment I would make is that it needed a little refurbishment in places but this did not detract from the overall experience. A very personal hotel.

Room Tip: All double rooms have balconies on the side of the hotel, still with good views and can see the sea...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Alfonso I, Manager at Pietra di Luna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Dear Carole,

after reading your review, following your stay at the Pietra di Luna, I am taking this opportunity to thank you and all your friends, also on behalf of all the staff, for choosing our hotel as your home on the Amalfi Coast.
I appreciate all your comments about the hotel, the staff, the facilities, and I have taken note of the suggestion about the refurbishment. Everybody at the Pietra di Luna Hotel would be delighted to welcome you back in Maiori for another memorable stay.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

At very short notice we received an excellent offer for a 2 night stay in this hotel.
One criteria was to have our washing done since we had been travelling with one-night stops.
We were warmly received by the Hotel Manager Mr. Imperato and his staff and a bottle of
Prosecco was delivered to our room immediately on arrival.
The room was comfortable and the view from the balcony brilliant.
Breakfast was a limited international buffet.
Parking was convenient and very secure and the laundry service worked impeccably.
We left with plenty of good advice for our continued trip to Sapri.

Heiny and Ruth Rohrer

Room Tip: Don't miss to select a room with a balcony towards the sea. The view is spectacular.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Alfonso I, Manager at Pietra di Luna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Dear Heiny,

It was a real pleasure to meet and welcome you at the Pietra di Luna Hotel and even more to read your comments on Tripadvisor. I thank you also on behalf of all the staff, and I look forward to welcome you again in Maiori.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I have stayed at the pietra di Luna every year for over 14 years and this May 2014 was no different. The staff are all fantastic, special thanks to Francesca,the hotel itself is amazing,location is the best it could possibly be,the food should be Michelin 5stars! It really is that good. For our golden wedding anniversary the hotel and staff catered for all of my family,12 of us and it was so special,thank you to all the staff for such a memorable occasion. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough,it really is the best for everything,certainly the best on the Amalfi coast.Will we back?Most definitely! David and Ann-Cardiff

Room Tip: All rooms are good but if you can get a Sea view they are too die for!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Ann M
Alfonso I, Manager at Pietra di Luna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear Ann and David,

thank you for staying with us once again and for letting the world know that you have been coming back at the Pietra di Luna Hotel for 14 years. The comments of our guests are always welcome, but those of our returning guests are more special. On behalf of all the staff, I thank you once again and we all look forward to your next visit, while in the mean time we assure you that we all will be ready for your next celebration.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Stayed here end of May beginning of June 2014.The hotel is in a prime location. Rooms are very spacious, and contained many extras to make you feel truly welcome.This hotel does recognise a discerning traveller , a mistake made by many other hotels in the med. They could learn a lot from this organisation. There were Robes, Toiletries, welcome miniatures at each side of the bed. We had a Sea View which was amazing. . The hotel, pool and surroundings are immacutaley maintained. The level of extras was amazing. Our towels were changed twice daily, and our bed turned down every evening. The true asset though in this hotel is the staff particularly the restaurant staff. Their understanding of the English Language is good, and we were made to feel special at each meal setting. The Maitre D was ver kowledgable and would recommend an excellent selection of local wines that would not break the bank. The staff were helpful with meal selection and would request extras you may require. There was a good range of different evening meals and always a fish option. On an advisory note we did observe that when there were lots of large parties arrive a the hotel, the evening meals were just not quite up to the standard of previous evenings when guests where either in tables of two or four. This would not however influence us not to stay at this wonderful hotel on a future date. I would however have to agree with other travellers that the lack of air condition can be difficult . If the temperature is hot then it is hot. We understand the air condition is activated mid June time. The temperature was climbing through out our stay and in the evenings it could be difficult to get comfortable in our rooms at times.
Would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: A Sea View Room is worth the extra charge.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank YorkshireTraveller-7
Alfonso I, Manager at Pietra di Luna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear Yorkshire Traveller,

to read your review has been a real pleasure and I will make sure all the staff will know. I also appreciate your comments and suggestions re the air conditioning and I do apologise for some inconveniences that may have occurred during your stay with us, due to the presence of groups. Thank you for mentioning that the Pietra di Luna do recognise the discerning traveller, these are the best rewards for all of us, as our goal is to meet and satisfy guest’s expectations. Looking forward to welcome you back here on the Amalfi Coast, I thank you once again, and I enclose my best and sincere regards,

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I was here in the last week of May, my room had a sea front view from the balcony, overlooking the hills, and the numerous lemon groves as well as candy coloured houses scattered along the hill, absolutely beautiful. An amazing hotel, I found it was the the best location to travel along the coast in either direction.The staff are friendly and kind and always accommodating to requests. The holiday was made special because of the hotel, I also had the opportunity to attend a yoga and meditation class with was incredibly special. The rooms were clean and spacious and the food was fresh and delicious. I would recommend this hotel 100 times over and I will definitely stay here again when I visit the Almalfi coast. Thank you for being an integeral part of a trip I will never forget. Mariam :)

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are by the road so you may hear traffic at times, but the view is breath taking and a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Mariam,

Thank you for staying with us and for appreciating our facilities. Your comments will be shared with all the staff and with Sati Anna, who kindly invited you to the Yoga Class. Surely the memory of your trip on the Amalfi Coast and the stay at the Pietra di Luna Hotel will last long, and we all look forward to welcome you back.
Regards,

(Hotel Manager)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maiori
Reginna Palace Hotel
#1 of 17 in Maiori
Hotel Botanico San Lazzaro
Villa Romana Hotel & Spa
Residence Hotel Panoramic

Been to Pietra di Luna Hotel? Share your experiences!