“Great hotel”

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Maiori
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Great hotel”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Much bigger than expected (hotel website doesn't do it justice), great location and wonderful views overlooking the sea. Clean and great service, friendly staff and keen to help with anything. Buffet breakfast was good. Beds a bit hard hence why I've put 'average' sleep quality. This is down to personal preference though and isn't something that would put me off! I'd recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Hampshire300

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
North Plainfield, NJ
Reviewed April 25, 2014

The staff was very helpful, (I called from the car for directions), the breakfast was wonderful, and the room (very white) had all the conveniences. It was perfectly located across the street from the beach, near shopping and near the boats to take you to Capri, and a tour of the coast. . The view is beautiful from the Restaurant and the rooms facing the sea. I was very pleased with the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank hhugs4you
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 28, 2014

After a satisfactory journey I arrived at this beautiful location and fine looking hotel. I was not offerered help with my luggage and so I found my hotel room on my own. Imagine my disappointment upon opening the door to find a room measuring less than 6ft wide with a child size single bed pushed up against the wall. Sleeping was difficult as turning over involved bruising your body against a wooden trellis-like wall protector. They had managed to squeeze in a wardrobe but there was no space to unfold the case support provided. The bathroom was perfectly adequate. I did not expect a fabulous view but when I opened the blind there was a flat roof the width of the window where the washing was drying. Luckily the rest of the hotel was pleasant enough to spend time in as you certainly could not go back to the room to relax. There were no tea or coffee making facilities in the room to encourage this anyway.
I made my feelings known to the First Choice rep. and the reception staff but they seemed to think I was being picky.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Jane C
North West
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed at the apartments oWned by the hotel as they suited our needs best.However we had-breakfast at the hotel and evening drinks in the rooftop bar. Really loved the hotel the location was great and the staff first class. They were polite and helpful about buses , tours etc. I loved the location of the town. It is not as busy and touristy as others along Coast but Easy to access others by bus or boat. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank POP1NorthWest
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have given this an Average due to the fact that our room (on the 4th Floor), although clean, was very basic and the bathroom was very dated. Also, we were woken up about 06:00 every morning due to the noise above us from the breakfast being got ready,
The other things we weren't happy about were: having to pay six euros each per day if we wanted to use the hotel's private beach, and the 'All Inclusive' (we have never come across anything like it before - couldn't even get a coffee mid-morning). I think there must have been numerous complaints as they are changing to Simply from next year!
However, having said that the public areas of the hotel are really nice, the service was very good and the food was nice, especially in the evenings (delicious, and it was nice to get waiter/ess service). Thank you staff!
Another thing that was really good was the location, and fabulous views from the Roof Top terrace, we never got tired of looking out from there and watching the boats, etc.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room on the 4th floor,if you don't want to be woken up very early in the mornin...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Trisha J
Antonio R, Direttore generale at Hotel Panorama, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Trisha
Thanks to sharing your review in this community.
We feel happy because you have appriciate our hotel and the high quality of our food restaurant. I agree with you about what you write regarding the service of our staff, this is the element that makes our hotel unique. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience of the noise, we will do everything is possible to resolve it and I hope to meet you again.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2013

A good hotel with value for money and the food is excellent. Next to the beach and on the flat. Locals very friendly. Good boat rides up the coast to Amalfi and beyond. Buses available at regular intervals and cheap, 2 hour coach ride from Naples, but a fantastic coastline. Classical music night in nearby Rivello.

Room Tip: great coastline and fairly quiet location get rooms with balcony and sea view in the centre of the f...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest
We thank you for taking your time to express your opinion. NoisSiamo very happy that he has very much enjoyed our hotel and especially our great country. Maiori is a great little town just a short walk from the beautiful Ravello, Amalfi and Positano.
We hope to have you again as our guest.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Panorama Maiori from October 11th-14th.

I cannot speak more highly of the wonderful service we received during our stay. I stayed with my parents and used the hotel as a base to explore the Amalfi coast before my impending wedding next May. All of our wedding guests will be staying at the Hotel Panorama, and after visiting and meeting the staff I have to say I can rest assured that they will all have a wonderful stay.

We were upgraded to a Superior Comfort Room with a sea view which boasts wonderful views of the Mediterranean sea and Amalfi coast. Although the main road is a little busy during the early evening it was wonderful to hear the waves lapping against the sand whilst in our room.

The hotel rooms are very clean and have every amenity that you could want during your stay. The cleaning staff were so friendly and decorated the room nicely every day.

The front desk staff, Filomena and Antonio, were so helpful and nothing we asked of them was too much trouble. They really were fantastic!

Now to mention the food! The breakfast buffet had everything you could want from a continental breakfast (eggs, bacon, beans, potatoes, croissants, toast, freshly prepared fruit, hot drinks, fruit juices, cakes, salami, cheese, fresh salad). And the view from the top floor terrace was fantastic.

The restaurant offers a reasonably priced set menu of 25 euros for a three course meal with lots of variety. The food is beautifully presented and everything I tasted was delicious! The staff in the restaurant were extremely efficient and friendly.

I cannot wait to return to the Hotel Panorama next year with our friends and family. I have no doubt that we will have a wonderful stay. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank emsie09
Dear Emma,
we look forward to once again host you, your family and all your guests for your wedding.We are very pleased to have met all of your needs and above all that you have enjoyed our hotel. We are confident that the Amalfi Coast and the Panorama Hotel will be the ideal setting for your special day.

Antonio Russo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maiori
Hotel Club Due Torri
#4 of 17 in Maiori
Ravello Art Hotel Marmorata, BW Premier Collection
Hotel Botanico San Lazzaro
Villa Romana Hotel & Spa

Been to Hotel Panorama? Share your experiences!