“Very good food, reasonable prices, very friendly and warm hearted service.”

L'Ancora Ristorante Pizzeria
Ranked #16 of 56 Restaurants in Maiori
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Small restaurant, fresh, well prepared food. Fantastic Limoncello. Thanks for the nice evenings. Seafood, mussels, pasta, antipasti, we nearly checked the whole menue.

There are newer reviews for L'Ancora Ristorante Pizzeria

Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed so much the pickled trio of enchovies, swordfish and salmon with the handmade bread of Remo! The Moma Chef recommended the fresh caught squids.... mmm... soooo yummy! Family run place with a friendly atmosphere and very good value for money!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We recently ate here several times and it was good every time. It is a rather traditional little place, which doesn't attempt to be smart (as some others here do) but it gives consistently good food at very reasonable prices. I very much enjoyed the grilled cuttlefish and huge prawns simply served with a slice of lemon, and the sword fish was thick and succulent. My husband has tried a few of the pasta dishes - the ravioli were particularly good. Local wine (we had one from Tramonti) is good and reasonably priced. They always give you complementary bruschetta - if you can manage it. Puddings are not brilliant, it has to be said, but then I prefer cheese anyway.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Wonderful small restaurant. Pizza was great and only 6euros - I couldn't finish all of mine (My partner did though!) You can get a two person pizza for around 12euros. Service was friendly and quick. Really enjoyed ourselves - will go back again

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Worst meal; of our trip to Maiori, I toyed with giving it a poor rating rather than average but I'd say its halfway between the two.i.e. 2.5.

Service was half hearted to say the least, acted like they were above serving or showing emotion

Food distictly underwhelming and my pizza was quite poor, named the "ancora" and had but 4 or 5 large prawns and much too much cheese.

The bread was just soft rolls rather than the crusty and various types in other restaurants.

We didnt bother with dessert or coffee and couldnt wait to get out and go for a coffee and drink elsewhere.

Like I said really don't bother!