“Delicious food, affordable prices, cheerful place”

Ristorante Masaniello
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
Ristorante Masaniello is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 59 Restaurants in Maiori
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I don't give out five-star reviews lightly, but four isn't enough- I would say this place merits a 4.5 (if I could give one). The food is excellent, and the prices really reasonable. We stayed in a nearby hotel and Masaniello became our unofficial dining room for 3 out of 4 meals in Maori.

Lunch the first day was trofie pasta with shrimp and squid, while my friend had ravioli in tomato/basil (see pic). Dinner that night was pizza with sausage and Neapolitan broccoli, with a great house salad. Dinner the following night was canneloni Napolitana (classic tomato, meat and cheese), caprese salad and prosciutto and melon (with panna cotta for dessert). Each meal came with phenomenal complimentary bruschetta first.

Unlike some other posters on here, there were no issues with the "sequence" of courses, but hey, stuff happens. Service is classically "Mediterranean", i.e. relaxed and a little distant, but they got the job done. The owner was very friendly. Also of note, they stay open late even on lousy weather weeknights!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We had read good reviews of this place and decided to try it, having eaten in two other Maiori restaurants the previous two nights, which were great.

The restaurant is not the best looking inside, but the menu is slightly cheaper than other restaurants and was filled with more locals (a good sign).

We ordered one antipasta (caprese salad), two primis (risotto and ravioli to have as mains) and two side dishes of grilled vegetables and potatoes.

The main problem with the meal was the timing. The mozerella salad arrived with the risotto. They then cleared the plates and brought out some bread (normally you get this at the beginning of the meal). This left us in a situation where my girlfriend had finished her main and I was still waiting for mine.

It arrived after 5 minutes and continuing to attempt to question the two waiters, who either didn't understand or didn't care.

The Italian people around us seemed to be getting much more attention.

5 minutes after my ravioli arrived and I had finished it whilst my girlfriend watched with nothing to eat, the sides arrived, which we sent back as neither of us had any food left.

We tried to explain this to the waiter but he seemed confused. Eventually the manager came over and offered us lemonchello, which we had, even after saying we didn't want it. But when we tried to explain the situation to him, again he didn't understand.

They were good in that we weren't charge for the sides, and the food was pretty good, and we don't speak the language. However despite that you should be able to get the dishes in the right order.

If you speak Italian you may have a better time.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Expected alot better as this was ranked 4/26 in Maiori at time of writing. The inside was like a cheap cafe. Food was just 'ok'. Staff were not rude but were largely disinterested as to whether we were there or not. A stark and poor comparison to all the other resteraunts we have tried here so far

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Good food. Quite a simple restaurant with fresh pasta and risottos. Enjoyed our meal, but just slight spoilt by bringing the food in the wrong timing. My wife choose a fish course and I had a risotto, both as mains, but I got mine first then they realised the error, and my wife's food arrive 5 minutes later. That aside, it was good and defiantly worth a try. Would be my third recommendation of restaurants in Maiori.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is a family-owned business whose staff are very warm and inviting. The service is great as well as the food. If you are looking for a relaxing meal with delicious food, this is the place for you. Ask about their homemade gnocchi or their tuna-steak!