“Waiters not interested”

Ristorante Masaniello
Reserve with
Ristorante Masaniello is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 56 Restaurants in Maiori
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Went to this restaurant for lunch July 2012. Took some time to get seated outside, and after the menus were thrown onto the table, we asked to order from the tourist menu (from memory, from the blackboard outside). From that time the waiters weren't interested in us. Food was ok, just took a long time coming. Waited some time for the bill and was amazed to find later that this was the third rated restaurant in Maiori! Luckily the other restaurants we went to were excellent.

There are newer reviews for Ristorante Masaniello

Reviewed June 7, 2012

On the first night of our stay in Italy we went to this restaurant on the recommendation of our hotel. They sent a driver from the restaurant to pick us up at our hotel and return us for the five minute drive. This was handy as it allowed us both to have a few drinks without worry.

The restaurant is on the main strada and we were seated on a patio covered with table umbrellas and decorated with blue indoor/outdoor carpeting. It was fun to watch the locals partake in their passeggiata and enjoy the sunset. The ambiance was quaint.

We started with an insalata caprese which was an overflowing plate of tomatoes and mozzarella cheese arranged somewhat haphazardly with a sprinkling of basil and a small amount of olive oil. It was ok. I also asked for a half liter of their house red wine and found it to be slightly acidic.

I had a dish of spaghetti with cherry tomatoes and it was delicious. The pasta was al dente and the sauce very tasty. However, I had to ask the waiter for both parmigianno cheese and for a table spoon to properly eat the spaghetti. My wife had the spaghetti with a half lobster. Unfortunately, the lobster was overdone and much of the meat stuck to the shell.

I had also ordered a zuppa di come, but it was never delivered. That turned out to be ok as I was quite full.

We were both quite shocked at the reasonableness of the bill being only 46 Euros. In a pinch we would return, but there are many other places worth exploring along the coast.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

My husband and I ate in this restaurant twice on a recent holiday in the area, on both vists the food was very good, we had fish which was local, fresh and well cooked. On our first visit the service was excellent however on the second visit we had a different waiter who did not seem so familiar with the menu and who was not so prompt, luckily the chef took an interest in us as we had selected the fish from the selection he showed us and he looked after as very well even giving us complimentary limoncello which no was else had! Overall a good place to eat authentic local food

1  Thank Saabbunny
Reviewed August 28, 2011

The food is very good but the service is poor. We waited 40 minutes before being offered a drink, the waiter served 2 other tables who came after us, ordinarily I would of left but there's not an abundance of restaurants in Maiori.

Reviewed October 24, 2009

This restaurant has a beautiful, modern décor with an open kitchen. The waiter at first was reserved and stalked us, but soon warmed to my husband’s Italian and our enthusiasm for the food. And boy! Was the food good—very haute cuisine for an Italian beach town. I started with baked endive with mozzarella cheese and prosciutto—very different (mild) but good. My husband had a wonderful fresh salad of greens with cherry tomatoes. My entrée was a rack of 4 lamb chops on a bed of baked, spiced (salt, pepper, olive oil) persimmon. To die for! I just wish the lamb chops had been cut all the way through so that I could get to every morsel of meat. My husband had a delicious pizza with vegetables including pumpkin—the second best pizza on our trip. We also had water, wine and a ricotta cheese cake dessert (more like a parfait). The bill was 67 Euros with a bottle of wine and cover charge. This restaurant is a great splurge for something special. The menu was really different and more enticing than the other local restaurants.

2  Thank Teramo48