“Amazing Stay”

La Casa delle Stelle
Ranked #6 of 31 Maiori B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I cannot say enough great things about La Casa delle Stelle and its staff. The accommodations were modern, clean and very professionally ran. From the moment we arrived the owners made us feel at home and took the time to answer any questions we had. They gave us great recommendations for hikes, restaurants and even took the time to set up a private winery tour at Reale in Trimonti which was the highlight of our two weeks in Italy.

Each morning a delicious breakfast was brought promptly at the time we requested and set up on our private balcony looking towards the hillside lemon orchards. The rooms were nicely made every day and the water pressure/temperature was hands down the best we experienced in Italy. I know it's an odd thing to compliment, but after a long day of traveling a good shower is quite nice.

In addition to the fantastic accommodations Maiori is a wonderful town along the Almalfi coast. There were plenty of great restaurants, shops and a large beach. With the frequent busses it's very easy to travel between the coastal towns and take in the views.

Room Tip: Choose the room with the hillside view if available.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scott W

Reviewed October 11, 2013

If you visit the Amalfi Coast this is the place to stay!
The b & b is located in Maiori which is in the middle of the Amalfi coast so on our trips to Positano, Capri and Sorrento it was really easy to travel to these places. Maiori also has many restaurants and shops so on those days that you don't want to travel outside of Maiori there is plenty to do. Maiori is the only town on the coast that has some night life. The hotel itself has wonderful staff and Alfonso (the owner) gave us excellent advice and always with a smile. They were always available but never intrusive which meant we felt right at home! The rooms were really spacious and the bed was very comfortable. When we asked the owners how old the hotel was we were surprised as it has been around for 11 years but looks new. We were really surprised at how big the breakfast was and although we were given an Italian breakfast when we asked for ham and cheese or cereal they gave it to us without any problems. It was also nice to have breakfast on our own private balcony!

We have already booked for next year...see you then...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My home away from home..... Thoroughly enjoyed and loved my 6 night stay..... Very friendly, helpful, thanks to Alfonso & Michela and Alfonso's mum!!! Rooms very clean, comfortable with private balcony. Breakfast; delicious with many choices. One minute walk to the beach, bars, shops and supermarket downstairs. Oh gelati! :)). Highly recommend and I'm coming back to stay at least 2 weeks next time. Special memories till next time!!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2013

What a great B&B! I normally like to stay in 5 star hotels, but l wouldn't want to stay at any other place in Maiori than at La Casa delle Stelle! The rooms are a great size & are spotless - the cleaner (a very nice lady) does an outstanding job!. Alfonso, his family & the other staff are really friendly & helpful - l kind of feel like l'm staying with family. The location of the B&B is perfect - the beach is literally across the road & the shops & restaurants are all within walking distance too. Not once did we have to catch a bus or taxi to get to a beach or restaurant or shops! I highly recommend this B&B & hope to be back again in the future! Thank you to everyone at La Casa delle Stelle for making our stay such a memorable one & to the older ladies who allowed my partner to practise his not so good Italian on them - god knows what he has said to them - but they just laugh & so do l.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed here last summer and enjoyed every minute of our stay. The beach was a one minute walk away and the staff at the hotel where helpful and friendly. The rooms where clean and spacious. I we will be returning soon.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2013

La Casa delle Stelle is an absolute delight to stay in, amazingly affordable, I was able to stay for 3 weeks, 2 years in a row, in October and then again in June the following year. Brought my friend back with me the 2nd time and she loved it as much as I do!!
The room was beautiful, spacious, comfortable and it was immaculately clean. Alfonso and his family are amazing, perfect hosts, and along with the staff so friendly and helpful, I'm so looking forward to going back and seeing everyone again soon, they all made me feel so welcome, I really felt like part of the family... like it was my home away from home!!!
Having my own balcony, the breakfasts were spent relaxing and enjoying the beautiful Amalfi coast mornings, and then several afternoons and warm evenings were spent there drinking wine and nibbling on the amazing authentic Italian food. The B&B is in very short walking distance from all the shops and restaurants, and only a 2 minute walk from the beach... where passing the little corner gelati place for a gelati on the way for an evening walk along the beach became a regular occurrence!!
Maiori being only a short bus or boat trip away from Amalfi, Positano, Ravello and all the other amazing sites and surroundings we were able to visit all of them easily and affordably. A day trip to Capri is also a must, the boat trip enables you to see the beautiful Amalfi Coast from the sea, that and the island itself are absolutely stunning!!!
I've recommended La Casa delle Stelle to all my friends, who have now all stayed there and have all said the same things, so I highly recommend it to anyone else planning to stay on the Amalfi coast... I certainly wouldn't stay anywhere else!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is an inexpensive, modern and confortable B&b with clean room and friendly staff. There is secure parking, good breakfast and super fresh croissant :)
It's easy to visit Amalfi, Positano and the other city of the coast becouse on the seaside (30ft) you can take local bus. You have a big surprise when the night coming....we were very happy to choose this little and great b&b

Room Tip: Aquila is very large
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple