“Fantastico! Bellisimo!”
Review of Hotel Lorenzetti

Hotel Lorenzetti
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Absolutely stunning location. Service fantastic but what stands out is the food. The food at this hotel is the best I have ever had at any hotel anywhere! Superb.
Lovely hotel with good service and the views are breathtaking.
Only negative would be that it is on the main road into Madonna and can be noisy when bedroom windows open. Saying this, I slept really well and the noise can be overlooked as everything else is top notch.
I travelled with Solo and had a great time. Mrs. Lorenzetti made a point to come to our table every night to say hello and make sure everything ok. On the last night our group had a drink on the house! I cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: email hotel directly to request mountain view.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank mistyflowers
There are newer reviews for Hotel Lorenzetti

Reviewed May 21, 2011

I havent been moved enough before to write a report for a hotel or resort, but i felt i had to for the Lorenzetti.

We decided to get some spring skiing in to help the kids along with their skiing and chose the Lorenzetti. It is a really nice chalet style hotel situated just outside the town centre. We felt at first this may be an issue but the staff were fantastic and drove us to and from the ski slopes when ever we wanted and ran us into town if we wanted to go in.

The owner is a fantastic lady, who takes so much pride in her hotel it was really inspiring. She was there meeting the guests at Breakfast and was there all through the day ensuring everything was perfect right through to a nightly chat over dinner. Her english wasn't too good, and unfortunately neither was our Italian, but we got by and she still made the effort every night.

The food was nothing short of amazing, with a 5 course Michelin star meal every night! Despite the hotel being quieter due to the time of the season the standards and effort never dropped and we were amazed at how well we were looked after... and how many pounds we put on eating the lovely food!!

Madonna was a great resort and i am sure in the height of winter it would be even more spectacular, and when we go back we would only stay in the Lorenztti, a really great hotel.

The Kelly Family

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank lennyleloosh
Reviewed March 27, 2011

The Lorenzetti is about a kilometer out of Madonna di Campiglio but the hotel shuttle bus does very regular circuits of all the ski lifts and the town centre so location is not as inconvenient as might first be thought. The shuttle operates from the opening of the ski lifts until the early hours.

Food is first rate with an a la carte menu every night plus a salad buffet. Breakfast buffet is very good too.

Wellness centre is immaculately clean (as is the whole hotel). Swimming pool has wonderful views of the surrounding mountains and is a good size for a small hotel. Plentiful towels. Hotel rules state swimming caps (provided) must be worn by all guests. Jacuzzi is part of the pool which, personally, I find too cold.

Sauna is large, clean and hot! Steam room also good. Only very limited (5 or 6 bed) relaxing area although there are other beds around the pool.

My room was spotlessly clean, fresh good quality sheets every other day. Small but adequate shower room. Only drawback was that my room faced the main road and so there was quite a bit of traffic noise (between 7am and 11pm mostly) even though the room had double glazing.

Every evening there is music (live) in the bar which is very pleasant. Staff are friendly.

This hotel is amazing value for money. I booked a 7 night ski package (half board in a single room to INCLUDE lift pass) for 90 Euro per night. Fantastic value!

Madonna di Campiglio`s skiing is first rate for intermediate skiers and I don`t think you will find better value than the Hotel Lorenzetti.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank supermummy
Reviewed March 3, 2011

I stayed here with my husband an 2 children aged 8 and 12. We all agree it is the best place we have ever stayed. The staff are welcoming and create a relaxed atmosphere, but pay attention to detail, with attentive service, everywhere spotlessly clean and every need catered for. The food is superb, I couldn't fault one course that was served during our 6 night stay (and there were lots of them). The shuttle bus service was excellent and will pick you up from any where in the town. We would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely return next year.

4  Thank FlissieEaling
Reviewed March 1, 2011

This was our third trip to Madonna and we have stayed at Hotel Lorenzetti each time. The resort is amazing and the hotel is as good as you will find anywhere, not just in the Dolomites!
Mdm Lorenzetti expects and receives the very best from all of her staff and her wonderful taste permeates the whole establishment from the choice of decor and ornaments to the way that guests are treated.
I recommend the suites...well worth the extra cost !
I am off to the gym.....now home, to try and work off the pounds after a week of incredible dining.
Best advice I can give....go there...and make it full board !

6  Thank smthoro
Reviewed February 28, 2011

This is the perfect location for a quiet and relaxing holiday in the beautiful setting of the Dolomites.
Having been employed for several years in the hospitality business myself, I have developed a very critical eye regarding accommodation and customer service, and I have to say Hotel Lorenzetti is a definite "yes" on my checklist.

I truly enjoyed the week I spent there together with my parents at the beginning of February. The connecting rooms we stayed in were simple but spotless, and housekeeping would service them twice a day. The mountain view from my balcony was stunning!

Excellent food, great presentation and outstanding service make the Hotel Restaurant one of the main reasons to love the Lorenzetti. Breakfast consists of a huge buffet with everything you may wish for. The dinner menu changes every day and features a tempting selection of hearty and delicious dishes. All of the restaurant staff members show exceptional kindness and expertise.

Another good service provided by the Hotel is that of the free shuttle to the centre of Madonna di Campiglio and to all ski lifts. Rides are frequent and sometimes available on demand, and Goran, one of the drivers, is great fun to chat with.
Thumbs up for the ski deposit too, especially thanks to the heated boot rack!

My parents and I also enjoyed being able to relax in the hotel Wellness Centre at the end of a skiing day. The sauna/turkish bath/swimming pool facilities are spacious and clean, and towels and bathrobes are provided free of charge.

In addition to the above, Hotel Lorenzetti offers comfortable and cosy common areas, a bar with live music in the evening, a choice of newspapers/magazines/books, wonderful flower arrangements and a really special treat for guests every afternoon, when hot spiced mulled wine and cakes are available in the lobby.

Should I have the opportunity to visit Madonna di Campiglio again in the future, I would certainly choose to stay at the Hotel Lorenzetti again.

5  Thank Liesewies
Reviewed February 20, 2011

I am writing this just settled down to our house to Lappeenranta. We have had a great ski week in Madonna Di Cambiglio. We have lovely hotel Laronzetti with good service. Mrs. Silvana Lorenzetti with hotels staff made our holiday unforgettable holiday week.

We lived in a junior suit number 50 with a beautiful mountain view. The room was very good and very special thanks to the cleaners.

We were skiing six days in week. Mountain views was very beautiful. Specially experience was also on Wednesday's snow day, when was snowing about 50 cents. We have not never skiing place, where is so much new soft snow.

The hotel sauna and swimming pool was also good. I went every morning swimming and again after skiing back to swimming and also sauna.

Special thanks must be given to restaurant kitchen and the hall staff.
The chef and his helpers make up a marvelous five-course dinner every evening. Waiters were very friendly and threy helps the local Trentino region wines. The restaurant's wine list was very comprehensive Italian wines. In fact we enjoyed mainly in Trentino and Alto Agide wines, because they are best balance with local foods menu.

In particular, it was left to mind last friday main course, which was grilled beef tenderloin with Teroldego wine sauce. Main course wine was exellent Elisabetta Foratori Granato vintage 2007. Food and wine harmony was perfect.

Also, all the others days menu dishes and wines were very good. Desserts were also very beautiful.

The hotel restaurant has Rotisseur plate and the hotel owner Mrs Silvana Lorenzetti is also a member of the Rotisseur. I can say with full heart, that the Hotel Lorenzetti is a very well deserved prestige of the organization Rotisseur. So good was the service in Hotel Lorenzetti.

Thank you again Mrs Silvana Lorenzetti and all hotel staffs. I hope, we can come back soon or later.

Tuomo and Arja Puhakainen