“Chalet Dolce Vita made my first ski vacation AMAZING!”

DV Chalet Boutique Hotel & Spa
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Chalet Dolce Vita made my first ski vacation AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2010

We decided to go on our first ski vacation last winter and after reading the reviews on tripadvisor we decided to book at the Chalet Dolce Vita. Since it's a bit pricey we had high expectations and let me tell you, this hotel was certainly not a let down. We were so amazed, the decor, the service, the amenities and SPA, it's all top notched. So is the staff, very friendly and helpful.

We stayed at one of the smaller suites (Castiglioni) on the top floor and my parents, who were traveling with us, in a comfort room. Both the rooms were really nice and the comfort room (the cheaper room) wasn't any less amazing than the other one. I would definitely recommend staying away from the cheapest room (classic) if your budget allows it since the other ones are so much nicer. We took a look at the classic ones and it is nice but the other ones are in a league of their own.

We went for the Half Board package and ate at the restaurant every night. The food was amazing and the restaurant definitely deservers the ZAGAT star.

The only let down for us was how far the hotel was situated from the nearest lift. But the hotel has a complimentary shuttle that took us to the lifts every day and picked us up when we were finished.

Chalet Dolce Vita made this first ever ski trip an unforgettable experience and comes highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2010

Lovely decor combining modern and classic touches. Very comfortable rooms with large bathrooms (ours only had a shower but we never take baths anyway), plush bedding with down quilts and feather pillows. The pool area is beautiful with a "salt cave" where you can totally relax on water beds listening to birds chirping at no extra cost. The only grumble would be that although there is a "no kids after 5pm" policy, it is not implicated and the pool was quite often VERY noisy.
We also had a couples massage at the spa, which was not a very good experience. The room was chilly and both therapists had a cold and were sniffling and blowing their noses all the time. We were more stressed at the end then at the begining!
The restaurant is excellent (Italian gourmet with 4-5 dishes) and the HB option is definately worth it! We were on a BB basis and ate out most evenings but nowhere was nearly as good for the price.
Don't worry about the hotel not being very close to the pistes. Any time you like, there is a driver (often the hotel owner himself!) who will whisk you off to the nearest lifts by van and pick you up again in the afternoon - or whenever you call him! First class service!
All in all, a lovely little hotel in a pretty Italian ski resort.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2009

We visit this hotel with my boyfriend in the end of ski season.
We arrived late in night, but hotel staff called me on mobile to check If we will be there for dinner or not.
The owner of the hotel took us everyday on the ski lift and picked up us again in afternoon. This was great!
Regarding the food, what can I say: Excellent!!
The 4 course evening menu was great value for money. Also the spa is very nice but sometimes was little bit crowdy. I can recommend this hotel to everyone who like great service and great food.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2009

I booked our family ski trip from singapore and was very nervous as I had booked a "new" hotel. The second I walked through the door I could feel I had made the right choice. This family run chalet is both sophisticated and welcoming. The staff went out of their way to help us. My mother and I do not ski however the Chalet is so beautiful we were happy to sit and read in frount of the fire each day and soak in the atmosphere. The resturant staff were wonderful nothing was a problem even with two fussy children. The food is of a very high standard well above the offerings in other resturants we tried in town. We look forward to our return!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Sao Paulo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2009

There I was in Milan with my girlfriend and we decided we should enjoy the snowy Italian alps, we searched for many hotels and finally came across the Chalet Dolce Vita, it appeared to be OK so we decided to take the risk, we booked it and took a train to Trento, where there is a direct bus to Madonna di Campiglio (there is also a Dolomiti Express train for 8 Euro that gets you close to Madonna, from where you can take a bus or taxi - +/- 35 Euro - to the hotel).

ARRIVAL: when we got there it was kind of cold (1C) and they had great snow, the reception was warm and cozy, the check in was really fast and they offered us a room with a balcony featuring a nice view of the mountains just like we had requested.

HOTEL/CONCIERGE: the hotel is great and the owner himself is there everyday making sure every guest is satisfied, for example, they have a cigar bar but they didn't have the brand I liked, when I told it to the concierge/front desk person in charge the owner was promptly notified and went out to buy me my favorite cigars. The hotel looks perfect, small enough to feel like home but big enough to make sure you have your desired privacy.

STAFF/SERVICE: the staff, ahh the staff, it makes a difference, the hotel itself is great, plus the amazing service it conquered our likes, everyone is trying to make sure you're comfortable all the time, they pamper the guests like parents spoil young sons, seriously, we received amazing attention 24/7, the restaurant maitre, Alberto, knowing I am Brazilian, always managed to say some words in Portuguese and did his best to make sure he kept us happy all the time, my girlfriend was very impressed, and she is not easily impressed, I have to say.

LOCATION: we found it to be perfect, suited our needs, it was a 5 minutes walk from the city center and the reception staff was always ready to take guests to the ski lifts, even the owner himself always wanted to make sure everyone was ok. I wouldn't recommend it to families with many young children, maybe they'd prefer something more downtown like easy access to the cafes etc., though to us it was perfect, the location is important but the hotel itself is so good sometimes we felt like not even leaving it.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: amazing, we are definitely coming back as soon as they have snow again, the hotel is great, very design-ish without losing the "chalet" feeling, the bedrooms and suites are amazing, the bathroom itself is better than any other I've been to, considering the room size. It's so modern and cozy at the same time. Ahh and the food, yes the food is flawless, just be careful not to arrive late at dinner because a few ingredients may finish so if you get there ten minutes to dinner end you won't get that tasty salmon, hehe. And the SPA... just seeing it relaxes you already, so nice, if you're going to Madonna di Campiglio don't think twice, Chalet Dolce Vita is the best possible choice.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Dorset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for three nights on a "child free" break, and it is fantastic - the staff are all so friendly, the host very obliging and always seems to be on site (just ask, and he'll drive you to any of the lifts in the morning). Lovely lounge, with always-lit fire, two choices in each course at dinner, all of which is beautifully presented and v. tasty (and not too "nouvelle" after a hard day's skiing). Rooms are well designed, with great "wet room"... and I havn't even mentioned the spa, which is a fabulous facility for a hotel of this size (even includes a sink full of crushed ice to rub on those aching thighs/calves!). One quibble: couldn't find a way of controlling the heat in the bedroom, and request to reception didn't seem to produce the desired reduction in heat. We'll be back!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple