“Chic, boutique hotel with outstanding service, food and decor 10/10!”

DV Chalet Boutique Hotel & Spa
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Chic, boutique hotel with outstanding service, food and decor 10/10!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

From the very first phone conversation with the lovely Sandra, right through to arriving and being greeted by Elisabeth and Sandra and our welcome drink by the log fire in the coolest surroundings, our experience here has been nothing short of OUTSTANDING! The decor is very chic, the staff are exceptional, the service is second to none and the cleanliness is unquestionable! So you can see we are definitely coming back as we were so thrilled with this place! The breakfasts are fabulous and last night we had dinner and it was Michelin starred! David's, Alfredo, Alberto and their team bend over backwards to make this enjoyable for you and the chef even pops out to see you to make sure you are enjoying the incredible tastes of Trento, in his lovely starched whites! Excellent value! I am gluten intolerant and the even created a marvellous little dish for me without my asking! Oh and I nearly forgot the spa.....how could I!?!?! It's amazing, relaxing, calming and they even have a salt cave!!!! We came with our 2 year old daughter and although they didn't have a play room they made us feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble! We stayed in their cheapest room and let me tell you it was fantastico! So I imagine the suites are out of this world! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place! It's FABULOUS! Thank you to everyone there for making it a wonderful 3 night break!

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Paris, France
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Beautifully designed hotel! Modern style with the use of wood and wool which makes it feel like a mountain lodge. Excellent service, very helpful. We got an upgrade to a beautiful suite with its own sauna. Also, the food in the restaurant is excellent. Good choice, excellent products. We can absolutely recommend the hotel and will definitely come back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelprincess1979
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2012

My family and I stayed at this lovely hotel over the new year. The rooms were great, the spa was one of the nicest I have experienced in a hotel for skiing and the people were extremely nice. The food was the only let down, it was very pretentious and too much each night with no real variation. After a day on the mountains sometimes you want hearty food, not a five course session night after night. The breakfast was very nice so we would recommend the half board option.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Sharon W
athens
Reviewed October 3, 2011

This is by far the best boutique hotel in Italy. Everything was excellent. The room, the spa, the restaurant, the staff, everything. I think the owners deserve a great bravo!
I will never go to Madonna again if I am not going to stay at CDV!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Had a fantastic week here with my boyfriend end of Feb/beg March.
Stayed half board which I never usually do as I love my food and like variety but it wasnt a problem here. Lovely 5 course meal with options every night. Good job we were skiing so much as otherwise its quite a lot of food, but its hard to say no when its so yummy.
The staff in the hotel and restaurant were so friendly and helpful.
Room was nice with lovely view.
Shuttle service to ski lifts every day was helpful. Just outside centre so nice and quiet but an easy walk in.
Spa was nice too :-)
We had a great time her and I would definitely reccommend it.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
London, UK
Reviewed February 19, 2011

Very friendly and helpful staff at reception, restaurant, driver and house keeping. All the locals were also very welcoming and hospitable. The entire chalet is tastefully decorated with modern touches. Language isn't a problem but I do wish some guests would make at least a little effort.
The meals are very good although even after 4 nights there was a little too much repetition if you take the half board option. Breakfasts are great although the cooked options not so great.
Had a massage..which was "ok"...although felt like I was being scratched at times more than massaged.
Very nice spa and chilled out in the salt cave which was very relaxing.
We will defintiely return but probably on a B/B basis so we could try food from other places in the village.

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Milan, Italy
Reviewed October 8, 2010

I do think is the best hotel I've ever been: it has a unique style, the right mix between design and typical mountain hotel. I do recommend to taste Enrico's kitchen: I never met anyone being so able to cook simple things with a great taste and very will presented.
The hotel is very charming and welcoming, staff is highly professional, friendly and warm.
You do have to try a massage and, if lucky, you can do it while snowing outside, creating an even more magical atmosphere
It's the Hotel where I feel I'm at home