“Poor Customer Service”
Review of Loano 2 Village

Loano 2 Village
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Loano
Reviewed July 30, 2012

WE have stayed a week from the 22nd to 29th of July 2012. With my two children of 2 and 4. I booked the hotel option with full board, I was looking for a very relax holiday.
Over all the hotel facilities met the 4 stars, beside the very poor availability of the WiFi.
The most disappointing part was the basic customer service skills missing on front-line staff. My last day, i went as per usual to the swimming pool to find out my umbrellas and sunbeds where already assigned to someone else. I informed the reception, as I was with the impression that they had made a mistake. However according to them, this a normal procedure and I just need to speak to the pool attendant. I went to speak to the pool attendants and they some how surprised of my reaction and they said i should put my self on their shoes, that most of the people tend not to use the pool the last day. I the CUSTOMER put my self on their shoes. For them It was not a big deal- I find this as a big luck of respect of your customers, you treat them with 4 stars at the start and like simple numbers on the last day.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank TheDarKnightCH
Write a ReviewReviews (1,521)

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stayed here for about 1 week. We had planed to just stay 2 nights or so, but we decided to stay the whole week. The plan was to drive a little longer northeast in italy, and check in to and other hotel. We were recommended this hotel by some friends. It was so relaxing there, and there was so many activities driven by the hotel so no one could possible get bored. The hotel is very big, but despite all the people there were system in everything. Since we extended our trip we got no cleaning in the room, and the room was quite narrow rooms. The where one actual bedroom, and the two others sleeped in the sleeping couch/sofa. The apartment/room was smart decorated, ex the kitchen was inside one of the closets, so you could hide it when you did´nt use it. The hotel was a little walk to the town Loano, sweet charming city. Good food in the restaurants and lovely gelato/ice cream. The beach was also right outside the city walls. We never went to the beach because we liked it so much with the pools.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This was one of the best hotels I've stayed in since being in Europe! I don't know if that is because of my previous experiences with hotels here or not, but I really liked LOANO2 VILLAGE. The staff was very friendly and welcoming and the area was super nice! The location was awesome! I will definitely be going back and staying at Loano2villagge again. The breakfast was amazing also. The beach is not so far and a very comfortable bus service is available for all guests free of charge.The staff is really fiendly but the best was the friendly service from the reception staff. Very helpful and gave a really nice feeling even it was a bit pre-season.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We stayed here for 4 days in the half term and had a lovely time.

Whilst the weather was not great, we made great use of the indoor heated pool, which my son loved. We played boules and if the inclination had of taken us we could have played tennis and some other sports.

We had booked room only, but if I was going on a short break again, I would consider booking half-board as the food was wonderful and very good value too. There is also a pizzeria and a cafe/bar. However, it closes a little early for my liking, but then I'm a night bird.

The staff were very helpful and polite and nothing seemed too much trouble.

I would definitely think of coming back here with my son and his friends as it seemed a safe, fun environment, which means I could relax too.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BBLLondon
Reviewed January 6, 2012

we spend 1 week in this beautiful location in Liguria. 2 adults and 3 little girls.
we decided to book in residence to stay more comfortable and we were right. a little garden introduced our room. a dining room with the kitchen well equiped, 1 bathroom and two bedrooms. always was perfect, clean and warming good. the structure has a wonderful swimming pool perfect for childs and parents. baby-club helped me and my wife to join our holidays in a relaxing way. a little market, pizzeria and restaurant were helpful to eat something particular. It's a little, comfortable , village. we will sure go back there for holidays

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2011

was hoping to stay at a hotel with a kitchenette and hotel service but instead ended having to make our own beds and using the same towels throughout our stay. It would have been helpful if they had mentioned about this in their website because I wouldn't have booked it if I had known about the limited services. Overall I would like to note that the place is more of an amusement park rather than a hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank george s
Reviewed August 5, 2011

I spent a week here with my family in July. This is a very big "village" like a lager. The room was more or less o.k. - fairly clean. The walls are just like papers, you hear everything from above!! Most of the things are used, the roller shutter is very noisy - everybody wakes up when the fist rolls it up :( The breakfast quite poor, but rich if you like cakes. The pool is not very clean and the side is very crowded. At the begining of your stay you got a fix place (sunbeds and parasol) and you use it whole time. But be careful you can change it if you are not satisfied and you find another place where the users are leaving on that or on the next day because the little papers are on the parasols and you can find out when someone leaving. It is good that there is a pizzeria in the village but it closes at 10pm. It is funny that people keep sitting at the reception because there is free internet only there and nothing elsewhere in 2011! Keep in mind that the free parking is outside and there is a quite good playground for kids.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank BP_traveler67
Also consider these accommodations in or near Loano
Ai Pozzi Village & Spa
#1 of 12 in Savona
B&B La Casa dei Gelsi
B&B La Casa dei Gelsi
#11 of 29 in Loano

Been to Loano 2 Village? Share your experiences!