This is a lovely hotel in the remote part of duty free Italy. The snow was great. The proximity to the lifts super.
We had a superior room, South facing (what we booked), but only after we were given a North facing, but equally nice room.
The disaster was this was school holidays and the noise of dozens (literally) of children in the surrounding tables made meal times something to be endured. The hotel was full. On the third last night the maitre d' asked why I was having no desert. I replied I could not endure the noise and parents rocking prams in and out between my wife and my chairs any longer. In fact was taking a plate of dessert items from the dining room.
I suggested that couples (which made up about one third) should be given one area and family groups the other area. Simple good hotel keeping. Thinking about the guest experience. Some of the staff were great. Some looked down their collective noses so far it was a wonder they could see past their upper lip.
To my surprise, we did get moved and the last meals were much more enjoyable. We were not the only couple to feel this was a problem. One honeymoon couple from Ireland were glad to be leaving for Milan.
So avoid school holidays (British, European and East European) AND
Ask for a table away from the kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ideal place for a stress-free break, relaxing and refreshing body and mind. Offers 65 luxurious rooms and suites inspired by the seven chakras to complement the beneficial effects of Mandira Spa, a 900 square meter wellness center inside the resort. The restaurant menus feature recipes inspired by local tradition, with special menus for athletes in training and vegetarians and a selection of Mediterranean and international dishes. In winter, the resort is ideally placed, just off to the side of the ski slopes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Lac Salin Spa & Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lac Salin Spa And Mountain Resort
- Lac Salin Spa & Mountain Hotel Livigno
- Lac Salin Hotel Mountain