Hotel San Giovanni
Hotel Crosal(Livigno)
$150
$58
  • Room Service
Hotel Piccolo Tibet(Livigno)(Great Value!)
$149
$192
Hotel Livigno(Livigno)(Great Value!)
$116
$99
Baita Montana Spa Resort(Livigno)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswine shoppizzanext yearthe busskiing holidayfabulous hotelfriendly atmospherefamily run hotelski liftapres skiexcellent foodslopescarosellograziewinesjanmeters
Reviewed January 21, 2011

Spent 2 fantastic weeks in Livigno with my wife, son, daughter and her boyfriend, as well as my sister and her husband. We stayed at San Giovanni for the whole time.

We did a lot of research into different accommodation options before booking at San Giovanni. We were encouraged by the favourable reviews they had received on Trip Advisor, and as a guest house owners ourselves we believe that most of the negative reviews are misguiding. Some people have used Trip Advisor as a mechanism to make slanderous attacks on the owner, Savio, and I am surpised that Savio has not taken action against these people. To call him a liar etc is completely unfounded - we found him to be a great host and seriously doubt these accusations have any foundation. The person that wailed about loosing a camcorder is also way out of line because she has no proof that it was stolen from San Giovanni. Also she was only a visistor to the restaurant and not a guest so how can she comment on room quality etc?

Anyone considering San Giovanni while skiing in Llivigno will not be disappointed, but you must appreciate you are not paying five star prices and you should not expect five star facilities. If you are looking for clean, comfortable accommodation with a good location then San Giovanni is the place to stay. Breakfast might get a bit boring if you are an egg and bacon person, but it is no different from a continental breakfast that you would get anywhere in Europe.

We chose the B&B option because we did not want to be locked into eating at the same place for every meal. There are so many great restaurants within walking distance that you would be crazy to eat in every night. Also when you are out skiing during the day you do not want to waste time going back to the hotel for lunch. We found eating out quite reasonable and seldom spent more than 20 Euro per person for an evening meal including drinks (of course you can go crazy if you eat big steaks, so stick to pasta!).

The ski slope immediately behind San Gioavanni in only a nursery slope, but if you are a beginner your first few days will be spent with the ski school there. You are able to ski across from this slope to bottom of a cable car that takes you up to an extensive ski area but unless you are a brave skier you will probably need to take a bus back to the hotel because you cannot get back to the hotel without a bit of black slope skiing - the bus service in Livigno is excellent and best of all it is free!

We would definately recommend San Giovanni and would like to thank Savio, Armando and staff for a great stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Ian H
Reviewed January 19, 2011

Our stay at St Giovanni was incredible. The rooms were adequate and comfortable and the food at the restaurant was delictable. Additionally the staff were extremely welcoming and friendly. ( a must is the cheese and wine evening with Armando)

The best part about St Giovanni is the location, at the bottom of one of the nursery slopes. Most of the days we would take a lift up the nursery slope and then ski across to the carosello 3000, which consists of a wide variety of slopes to choose from.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank RacineH
Reviewed October 6, 2010

Having just read the review from Liberal Thug I felt the need to post a reply. We have been to Livigno 7 times and each time most of our evenings are spent in San Giovanni in the hotel restaurant and bar. I was offended by the allegations made against Savio, I cannot believe for one minute that he or his staff would take part in anything like what was alleged by Liberal Thug. We have got to know Savio and his brother in law Armando, in our experience Savio has has been nothing more than a gentleman who we now call a friend. We will definitely be going back to Livigno next year and our first port of call will be San Giovanni!!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WeeMary
Reviewed August 28, 2010

Stayed here with my boyfriend for a week's skiing in January. Lovely place. It is a little far from the main centre, but there's a bus so it's not a big deal. Everyone has to use the bus during the day to get between slopes anyway, due to the resort layout. You will need to taxi back if you stay out though. There is a ski school & a beginner slope behind the hotel, perfect for finding your feet on day one if you're intermediate & handy if you're a beginner.

The ski room is in the basement & I never had any problems with keeping my equipment down there.

We were half board and the breakfast/dinner was lovely. There was no evening where we didn't enjoy dinner. Typical pasta dishes and ice cream/fruit desserts, so nothing amazing, but all very tasty. The rooms were nice and clean & the shower was always hot. It was a little noisy at times as we were right by the stairs, but all in all the place was a great base & I'd definitely go back.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2010

I made the mistake of a buying a very expensive bottle of boxed Scotch from the owners shop under the hotel.

Imagine my surprise, having spent nearly 70 Euro, when I opened the box when packing the night before I left to discover an 8 Euro bottle inside!

I confronted the owner, who claimed that it must be 'other customers' and refused to let me take another box from the shelf, despite there being lots on display - he insisted I take a cash refund and would not let me exchange - why? Because ALL the bottles in the expensive boxes had been swapped for cheap ones.

I repeat, do NOT stay here, the man is a thief.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank LiberalThug
savio1974, Owner at Hotel San Giovanni, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2010

Dear liberalThug,

unfortunley the bottle you request was finished… and instead we refund all the money ..!!!
So we dont understand what do you want…!!
I think you have swap the bottle and request money back as well.. so maybe you are a thief and liar….!!