“Will be going back”

Ranked #18 of 79 Hotels in Livigno
Londonderry, N.Ireland
“Will be going back”
Reviewed January 26, 2009

I have to agree with the last reviewer. The Hotel Alpi is excellent - I would recommend it to anyone. The atmosphere is really friendly, Mauro and his staff do everything to make your stay a good one. I am also vegetarian and while they couldn't understand how I could have two pasta courses in one meal they were always happy to oblige. You'll not go hungry here either - the food just keeps coming.
Ask Mauro for his special gluhwein, but don't have too many!!
Our room was quite small but it doesn't really matter as you are out all day anyway but it was the only fault I could find for the place.
Hotel Alpi is also really handy for the ski lifts and the buses that'll take you round the town. Daphne's pub is just down the road as well which was a great place to enjoy apres ski.

• Liked — Mauro and his staff
  • Disliked — Honestly, nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
Essex. U.K
Reviewed January 31, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times now since 2005 and have always enjoyed it immensely. There is a welcoming atmosphere about the place - Mauro and his family will make sure that you have everything you need....he has a great sense of humour that will surely win you over. I always felt extremely well looked after at mealtimes and it's great to be able to relax before going down for dinner after a hard day on the slopes, other than have to go on the hunt for meals elsewhere (though I hear there is an excellent range of restaurants in Livigno). Mauro and his staff have always tried their best to cater for my vegetarian requirements (I'm sure they all think I'm a bit strange) and he mixes a mean cocktail at the bar afterwards.
There is a games room, sauna and steamroom in the basement, and the ski boot room always dries your equipment off nicely ready for the next morning.
Mauro's brother Angelo runs a superb ski hire shop if you need to rent equipment, which is very nicely delivered and picked up from the hotel for you. If you need ski-school, taxis, lift passes or any other transport, Mauro is always happy to help.
Did I mention what great value for money this all is?
Do yourself a favour and book Hotel Le Alpi for your next visit to Livigno (if you can...it was totally booked out when we were there in January) and you'll be going back again and again.....I'm just sad that I'll have to wait till '09 before I can.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Man-of-leisure
Colchester, England
Reviewed November 16, 2007

We (group of 20) stayed at the Alpi during the first week of March in both 2000 & 2001. I realise this is a few years ago but I understand the owners have not changed since then (Angelo and Maulo). The Hotel is brilliantly run and the food is very good. There is a nice bar area for socialising. The rooms are very clean and cosy. There are some good lively bars near by, Daphne's and Mario's. I really enjoyed Livigno and would stay at Le Alpi if I returned. P.S. You can ski to the door.

• Liked — Food, great staff, location
  • Stayed March 2003
germany
Reviewed August 10, 2007

In February 2007 we have spent the best Holliday we never ever ha!! The family atmosphere of this Hotel is incredible, the staff is really welcome, the food is wounderfull, and the cleaning is superb!!!
We want only to thank everybody of this Hotel, we will come back soon!!

• Liked — Everythingh
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Como, Italy
Reviewed February 21, 2007

Following an illness in the family we were forced to cancel our booking over the New Year. While accepting that the notice period was limited - less than 7 days- the hotel managed to resell our room immediately for most of the stay ( apart from 1 day) and then insisted on charging us almost the full Board charge for 7 days , despite the fact that we did not dine / eat in the Hotel in this period. I find that the Hotel were very greedy in applying this policy and cannot comment on the suitability of this hotel for future stay - but beware about the cancellation policy which they decided to extract the maximum from a family illness.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled with family