“Nice hotel, small room”
Review of Hotel Alaska

Hotel Alaska
Ranked #52 of 79 Hotels in Livigno
Reviewed January 26, 2011

We stayed in the Alaska hotel for one week. It is a nice accommodating hotel. Rooms and public areas are clean. The room we got was very small, but well maintained. It is located in the center of town, near everything and just by the bus station. If you want to go on foot to the slopes it will take you a 5 minutes walk. It is a nice hotel if you just want a reasonable place to sleep and eat breakfast and dinner. The dinner was tasty and nice - they change the menu every day (each morning you have to choose, for dinner, from three options). beverages (including water) in dinner is an extra, but very reasonably priced. The TV set was small and old and showed only Italian channels. from other people in our group we heard that Touring hotel (4*) is very highly recommended and also that the food and service in Valeria hotel (3*) were exceptional. Those hotels are also closer to the slopes (but further from the bus station).

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank the_rationalist

Reviewed January 19, 2011

The family memebers that run hotel speak very modest english and no german, so you cannot expect to get lots or any insight or any other than basic help or facts about anything.

The espresso coffe they serve is excellent, but everything else in the part of food is very ordinary. We experienced lack of food offer for breakfast one morning around 9, but after saying it to the owner everything was perfect next day.

Rooms are very old, with poor ventilation in the bathroom. There in no sauna or pool or anything else. I think you could get it all in the place for very few eur per day more.

Hotel location, on the other hand, is perfect. Right in the center of the Livigno, 5 minutes walk to the one of the ski areas and just around the corner from the many shopps that sell genuine and very reasonable priced goods, Not to mention that Livigno is tax free zone.

Next time we go to Livigno we would try other hotel for sure.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dancci
Reviewed March 18, 2010

Just back from one week's skiing in Livigno.Loved the town and the skiing.Flew from Belfast to Brescia and then endured a 5-6 hour bus ride to the resort.Stayed in Hotel Alaska which is in a great location.Rooms are a bit small and 3 of our party of 4 got bites,presumably from bed bugs.Bathrooms are a bit tired ,but are adequate.The food was average,I thought,but edible.However, the staff were pleasant and helpful.
A great spot nearby was the Bivio-bar/restaurant/night club with an hotel out the back.Would mos def go back to Livigno (in spite of the -----numbing bus journey) but might try a different hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank oldfogeybelfast
Reviewed January 21, 2010

Very small rooms, waiters that want to cheat, I'll never recomend this hotel to my friends or relatives

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank An2nio_2009
Reviewed August 10, 2008

My friend and I were touring northern Italy on motorcycles, we decided to stay over night in Livigno.

We were enroute to Switzerland and then on to Austria.

We saw the Hotel Alaska and I made enquiries at reception as to what rooms were available and the cost for one nights stay with breakfast.
The lady on reception quoted 50 Euros for a twin bedded room and a further 10 Euros each for breakfast, making a total of 70 Euros. I took the room.

After breakfast the next morning I went to pay the bill. I handed over my credit card and the gentleman on reception showed me a printed invoice showing 70 Euros.

I duly signed the transaction, and we left the hotel. Later that day on checking my receipt I discovered hotel Alaska had charged 95 Euros to my credit card.

I pointed this out to my friend, who then told me that he had also paid them 35 Euros, his half of the bill.

So we finished up paying a total of 130 Euros, 60 Euros over the agreed price.

On return home I contacted hotel Alaska. Although they agreed to refund 60 Euros, weve never received any money back.

Hotel Alaska said, they made a mistake. This is rubbish, we were ripped off. I would strongly advise tourists not to use this establishment.

Stayed: May 2008

ok no complaints
Staff:
Staff were excelent
Room:
The room we had was not great. No View, No balcony and virtualy no window!!! The window was about 50cm by 75cm. and it looked straight on to the underside of the roof. Avoid if possible rooms on the second floor.

over all liked the hotel the town (hard not to love the place)
remember any one who may go in Dec-Jan. I have been a few times, It gets real cold -28 --> -36 at night. Hence the disco pub next door is a real bonus!!!!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank Bjorn_Toulose
Reviewed February 29, 2008

We have recently returned from a half term skiing holiday, having taken with us our 14 year old daughter and her friend.

Never having been to Livigno before, we did not have any particular expectations. The resort itself is perfect for beginners and intermediate skiers. It is high enough to guarantee snow. The town is very pretty and low rise.

The Hotel Alaska is a perfect base to reach the lifts and ski schools. It is not a luxurious hotel, but is clean and basic and provided all we wanted for a skiing holiday with children.

We were concerned that the hotel might be overrun with school parties, particularly bearing in mind we went at half term, but this was not the case.

Breakfast is the usual ham/cheese/cereal etc. At breakfast you choose dinner from a menu with three options in each course. The food was ok, and there was always something we could choose - especially as there was pasta everyday, which helped with the children.

The bar in the hotel is not particularly appealing, but you are within 2 minutes walking distance to the main street with plenty of bars and restaurants.

Overall I would recommend Livigno to anyone who does not want to only ski black runs, and the Hotel Alaska for a basic, well positioned hotel.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family