“best local menu and waiters”
Review of La Pioda

La Pioda
Reserve with
La Pioda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 118 Restaurants in Livigno
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Typical Restaurant in Livigno. Extremely warm and welcoming. Local specialties, the Pizzoccheri Valtellina, game, mushrooms and meat cooked on a hot stone. The desserts: apple pancakes with warm vanilla and cinnamon ice cream, sorbet creamy Braulio and buckwheat cake with caramelized apples and elderberries.
Reviewed April 15, 2012

superb menu choices but over priced wine list compared to the HOTEL ASTORIA down the street

Reviewed April 11, 2012

We ate at this restaurant on our first night in Livigno and it was excellent. The sauces served with the food were delicious and they had a good range of reasonably priced wines. It deserves its rating as the no 1 restaurant in Livigno

Reviewed March 26, 2012

The chef is oblivously talented. His food is however not matched by the service. We ordered water which never came. We ordered the days special only to be told it was not available. We asked for the sauce to be placed on the side of the plate - this did not happen.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Restaurant has very pleasant atmosphere and nice design.
In general food is better than average but for example I ordered shrimps which turned out to be really horrible - completely burnt and bitter. I returned it and they made new ones for me that were much better but still nowhere near to what I would normally expect.
On the other side, I can recommend deer or trout.
Waiters work like robots, I mean a lot and they are very nice and helpful.
Restaurant is always full so this is the reason why you can wait for food up to one hour.
And last complaint, we made a reservation but when we came all the tables were full so we had to wait on the bar.

1  Thank Kristýna Z
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I have eaten in la pioda many times. It is a lovely place, great old stone and wood decor. 5 star service. Amazing food. The aperativo is always nice. A glass of prosecco to start. You can cook your meat on a hot stone which is a good thing to try. The steak is amazing! Overall this is my favourite place to eat in the world! I wish they would move to England and open one up there! Great staff, service,food and atmosphere! 100% reccomended!