Hotel Mea
$69
$62
$145
  • Beachfront
All reviewssea viewfleetway travellovely hotelmains and dessertsrecommend hotelgarden roomloved this hotelpool areahalf boardbusy roadcatania airporthotel is locatedcold meatsrestaurants and shopsour honeymoonbeautiful pooleasy walk
Reviewed June 15, 2013

ProactiveThey emailed me to see if I wanted them to pick me up from port. ! Especially awesome since I booked on booking.com.. I travelled a month in Europe and they were the only hotel to do that. I guess the room I booked was two twins but I was a solo traveler, so when I saw the room and asked to see another with a single, big bed, Monica was gracious and even insisted on rolling my bag for me. I got to my room and it was perfect. View of sea and the pool. She was helpful in helping me find a spa. I had an electrical issue with my air conditioning and they were extremely responsive. I was pretty sick with a cold so basically hung out at the hotel a lot and was really glad for the great service. I felt like they were my friends which is important while traveling alone. I am a huge fan. Oh, I almost forgot... My ferry was 2pm the day I was to check out and they offeredme a late checkout, also proactively!

Great service. Nice modern hotel. I was well taken care of!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We visited the Aeolian Islands in early May just as the warmth of the late spring and early summer were dotting the islands with their pretty colours and before it got so congested with tourists.
We had a wonderful 4 days in Lipari staying at Hotel Mea. It was a most delightful experience being greated by Sarah (the owner of the hotel and several others on the Island) her her thoughtful and service oriented staff. We were treated like family and felt as if we had known them forever. The hotel is as pretty as a picture. The staff are wonderful, the rooms fresh, bright, sparkle with charm and are outfitted beautifully. The hotel is new and every effort is made to accomodate every guest's needs. The bathrooms are thoughtfully designed and decorated in lovely island colours with excellent showers and fittings. Every morning a delightful breakfast was served on the veranda and even though we didn't have a chance to eat dinner in the hotel dining room, we understood from other guests it was delicious and thoughtfully prepared. The pool and pool area is well designed and there is space and chairs to accomodate everyone who comes to relax in the Sicilian sunshine.
We had a great time and would be thrilled to stay again at Hotel Mea if we ever got another chance. Thank you Sarah and family for your warmth and hospitality.

Room Tip: Facing the sea and the pool, however we did see the rooms on all sides of the hotel and they are all lovely and have redeeming qualities.
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The hotel offers shuttles from/to the port for free. The rooms are big, well decorated and very clean. The staff at the reception was very helpful in organizing our trip back to Catania airport. From the pool there is a great view of the old city. Walking distance from both ports and city center.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I must commend the staff and owners of the Hotel Mea for being exceptionally helpful. They bent over backwards to help us retrieve a laptop that had been "stolen" in Milazzo, book ferries, plan excursions, find dining options, book us a scooter. They were amazingly helpful, which is what you really want in a hotel.... to know you will be looked after.
Thank you so much again!

Room Tip: We had a corner on the second floor... with a wonderful large terrace looking over the sea and the hills.
Reviewed May 25, 2013

My wife and I decided to extend our Italy vacation by a few days and go to the Aeolian islands. We knew nothing about them. I picked the Hotel Mea largely from the Trip Advisor research. Although it was rated quite high, I was still surprised at how nice it was. The rooms were spacious and clean, well furnished. The common areas, the same, plus a really nice pool and pool deck. The stunning white building has a great view of the harbor, and our room also had a this same view. The staff was very helpful, and friendly, and the hotel owners likewise.
The breakfast was generous, although for dinner the restaurant was ok but not great ... not up to the quality of the hotel overall.

Room Tip: get a room facing the harbor