See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 27, 2016

Very nice hotel on a quiet place. Clean pool, perfect food, nice staff. Everything was really excellent. We enjoyed our holiday with 9 and 2 years old children very much. Room was small but comfortable. Seaside is close to hotel and evening walk to the close city center after the dinner was amazing (try mucca mia ice cream).

Room tip: Ask for the room with pool view
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Service was good, the room as small as usual in Italy . The balcony was very small.
There is a nice little swimmingpool outside and it is only some steps to the sea. The sunbeds and umbrellas where included, at the pool as well as at the beach.
Siutated near the little center of Lignano Pineta where there are shops and restaurant.
Hotel provides bicycles, but we didn´t use them.
Nice place for a summer vacation if you like the long sandy beaches there and the typical italian culture of summer holidays, as we do.
The food was very good, but if you want the whole range of antipasti you have to come at 7 pm, half an hour later some things aren´t there any more.Water and wine included .

Room tip: Check if there is a woode door to the next room...we had one and the couple on the other side had the TV on the whole night, so we had to weak them up at 3 or 4 am to turn it off!
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Renate-Daisy
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I stayed as a guest of the local sailing club whilst I was at a regatta. I was there for eight days - so had a pretty good chance to get to know the hotel.

It really was an ideal base for my stay.

Location is good - a short walk to the beach and a couple of minutes on the bike to the shops, restaurants and bars in Lignano Pineta.

The rooms were quite small, but quite well equipped and immaculately clean. Comfortable bed. The air-conditioning in the bedrooms was not very cold but adequate even during a 34 degree heatwave. I slept well. The hotel is away from main roads and with the double glazing the room was quiet even during dance nights with music playing from the bar immediately below the room. Air condtioning in the restaurant and lobby was not so good and the stairs and landings weren't airconditioned at all. There is only one lift and that was a bit slow.

The swimming pool is small - ideal for small children but not really big enough to exercise in.

There were lots of nice touches. Free bicycles to get round town, Free wifi in the lobby. I found I could pick up wifi in the bedroom (416) using my aerial and signal amplifier. When my laptop broke I could use the hotel laptop - price 3 euros an hour - but the receptionists didn't charge if you were only having a quick look for emails. One of the two receptionists - Patrizia - very helpful and always smiling.

Breakfasts were a good standard buffet. We had one fixed menu dinner in the hotel and that was very enjoyable. Bar prices were OK - campari soda for 3 euros. Franco - maitre D. spoke a little English and ran a good team of waitresses.

It was fine.

Room tip: Go high and overlooking the pool
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We spent as a couple one leisure week in this hotel. Our holiday was maneged by german travel agency. Small room (cca 16sqm incl.bathroom) with small balcony (garden view). Cleaning daily, towels were changed every day, but any shower gel. Manually controled AC, not efficient. It cooled down the temperature in the room by max 2 degrees, which was not much in these hot days and nights. Halfboard - very good breakfets in buffet form - bacon, scrambled eggs, cheese, yoghurt, muesli, cake etc.. Three course menu for dinner - not much, but mostly very tastefull. House wine and water inclusive. Close to the beach, approx.200m, with private sunbeds and umbrella (2+1 for the room), the same at the hotel swimming pool. WiFi in the lobby. Very friendly staff, always smiling. Quiet area, a little bit problem with parking in the yard - to much cars for this area. Generaly - good hotel for the money you spent.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2007

I've spent a couple of nights in this Hotel and I must say I'm a bit disappointed. Lignano is a very nice place and I do like spending weekends relaxing on its beaches or enjoying its nightlife, but there are too many structures that are not up to date. Unfortunately, hotel Mediterraneo is one of them. The hotel has been renewed outside, while internally the rooms have been only partly refurbished. As an example, they keep the original doors of the seventies, not to mention the floors made by cheap marble chips that, being very far from the rich and beautiful venetian "Terrazzo", give everything a flavor of old and outdated. The old dusty lamps did not contribute to improve the poor impression I had of my double room. The bathroom, clean as the rest of the room, had been completely renewed but had a major flaw: it was a one-person-only bathroom! If you are used to think about living spaces in terms of square meters, well, after visiting such a bathroom you'll start thinking in terms of square centimeters. The staff was reasonably kind. I don't think I'll visit again this hotel, at least until they refurbish it completely, including some acoustic insulation for the guests that, like me, don't like to wake up at 7AM just like during any normal working week. A last observation regarding times, I liked the fact that the reception is manned 24h, I didn't like the fact that breakfast is served only until 9:30AM.

Date of stay: July 2007