“Don't miss the rooftop sun area” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Piccolo Mondo
Ranked #17 of 52 Hotels in Lido Di Camaiore
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Don't miss the rooftop sun area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

Had a great few days whilst on a coach tour of Italy, staff couldn't have been more helpful and
the rooms were of a modern standard, overlooking garden areas. as the title suggest you must
make use of the rooftop area with sun beds, loungers etc.

Would recommend this hotel without a moments hesitation.

Room Tip: If unhappy have a word with the staff, I am sure they would change the room for you if others were...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

Just spent a few nights at this hotel on tour of Italy. Found it excellent. Very friendly, family hotel and staff could not do enough to make your stay enjoyable. Although their English is not fluent, I was still able to make myself understood. It has an outstanding roof terrace, lovely lounge area, nice gardens and is only a few minutes walk to the amazing promenade and beach. I would certainly return to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Hotel is decent and very clean. Modern take on a classic Tuscan design. Grounds are spotless and well maintained. I traveled with a coach tour and we found the location ideal. With that said brush up on your Italian as the owner does not speak much English. The staff are not much better so when an item went missing from my room as well as a dinner order that was incorrect we had no option but to let it go as they did not understand what we were saying.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
mures romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

we've just returned from a week stay at PICCOLO MONDO . I chose this hotel mainly because of positive reviews and i was wright. Although this is a small family run hotel it offer a friendly atmosphere , everybody saluting and almost getting to know each other after few days . The manager Giusseppe is allways there and very helpfull ; the small but very wellmaintained garden is great as is the restaurant ( we had a full board) ... the meals were delicious and plentyfull - Antonio is a great host there. the terace on the top floor is a great spot with great views on Apuane Alps and Versilia Riviera ; on the period i was there the hotel had guests mainlly italian seniors and families.
I recomend this hotel for his position , cucina , staff and great value for money .

Room Tip: choose a room with balcony !!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lichfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

I think we were on the same trip as the last review and all we can say is we agree with it all. Would certainly stay there again if it came up as it was in a quiet location which although not right by the beach is to it's advantage. The only thing missing was a fridge which some rooms seem to have reading other reviews, maybe we were just unlucky.

Room Tip: Some rooms close to the outdoor smokers area.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

I have just returned from a five night stay at this hotel. I was impressed with the nice clean modern lines adopted by the hotel. The sitting areas indoors and out are relaxing and modern. My room was kept spotless by the maid. Although a smallish single room it had a big patio window, balcony with table and chair and it was bright with nice furniture. I didn't get a fridge though like the people in the double rooms. The shower was super- very powerful and there was a hair dryer that worked fine. I was miffed because I had paid a supplement for my room and other single travellers had got the free of supplement rooms offered by the travel company. They all had double rooms! Not the hotels fault because they only had information about how many people in the group wanted a room to themselves. I have already complained about this to the coach company.
The food at the hotel was good. Breakfast was the usual continental type - eggs, cheese, meats, jam, honey, bread etc. Italian rolls and bread not very inspiring. Cereal and lovely yoghurt too. The evening meal was nice too- good starters and pasta for a second course. Vegetarians must LOVE cheese because that's what's offered for your main course virtually every night with omelette on the other nights. It's ok though because the pasta fills you up. The hotel puddings were really scrumptious - different every night and excellent.
I really liked this hotel and it was only 5 minutes to the beach. We were lucky because we had glorious sunny weather with temperatures in the upper 20s. The resort still had shops and plenty of restaurants etc. open but all the beach places that rent out chairs etc had closed for the winter. I expect that the season will end in the next week so I would not advise going later in October.
All in all I highly recommend both the resort and this lovely gem of a hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
Locking, Somerset, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed here after spending a week in Montecatini Terme where we were based for a touring holiday. Piccolo Mondo is a small, very pleasant hotel used, at least during our stay, by mainly Italian families. The hotel is situated down a quiet street just a short walk from the promenade and beach and the main road through Lido di Camaiore. It has a small garden area with shaded seating, car parking, a bar and a sun-bathing area on the roof. Our room was comfortable and had a safe, air-conditioning and balcony and was kept nice and clean by the chambermaid. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful and in the restaurant where we had breakfast and dinner the food was good, varied and well presented, and the waitresses and maitre d' made sure we were never wanting (even when my wife couldn't face King Prawns). We had a very enjoyable stay which for us was enhanced by being among, as I have already said, mainly Italian clientele. A swimming pool would have made our stay even better but we were of course only a few minutes walk from a superb beach.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have balconies.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple