“Brilliant hotel - will be going back.”

Park Hotel Villa Ariston
Ranked #32 of 50 Hotels in Lido Di Camaiore
Reviewed May 28, 2009

I attended a wedding in the Park Hotel Villa Ariston in May 09. The staff were great and nothing was too much trouble. The hotel facilities were also top notch.
The whole wedding party were all really well looked after.

The beach is just across the road and is gorgeous. There are also a host of restaurants and shops closeby.
I'd definitey recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Lido di Camaiore; and will be returning myself.

• Stayed: May 2009
2  Thank Em50
villaariston, Sales & Marketing Manager at Park Hotel Villa Ariston, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2009

Thank you very much for your comments! It has been a pleasure having your wedding party stay at our hotel this May!
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best regards and greetings from Tuscany!

Reviewed May 17, 2009

We stayed at the Villa Ariston for 6 nights in may 2009. We got married in a town close to the hotel and had approx 40 guests staying with us at the hotel. Our wedding reception was at the villa. The words I have used above are just some of the words our guests used to describe the hotel. I am from Ireland and the hotel even managed to order in guinness and harp on draught for our wedding. The staff were incredible, the food was superb, the salt water pool is brilliant, the rooms are fabulous, the price was excellent considering the quality of the hotel. The hotel is just across the road from a beautiful beach. This is best hotel I have ever stayed in and we will be back every year for our anniversary gauranteed and our guests will be back too. I cannot recommend this hotel enough especially if you looking to get married in Italy. Thankyou to everybody at the villa ariston johnny, claudio, giseppi, rudy for giving us the best few days of our lives.

• Stayed: May 2009
2  Thank shay23
Reviewed March 13, 2009

My late husband, I, and our two children found this place by accident a few years ago and fell in love with it. We stayed every year until our last time in July 2005. The day after our return to England my beloved husband died in a car accident. The hotel director heard about this and wrote me a beautiful letter of condolence. We had wonderful holidays here and said we'd keep going forever. But after losing my husband I could never go back - it would never be the same - but I'll hold our lovely memories forever.
We found all the staff, directors and Davide, the owner, to be lovely people, most spoke good English and treated us with courtesy and respect - but also with fun and laughter when they found out that my husband was a joker who loved to laugh.
I can't believe that some people had bad experiences here. Perhaps the 'rude' manager who now appears to have gone wasn't there when we last visited. I certainly don't recall anyone like that on our visits.As for the question 'would we recommend this hotel to a friend? - The answer to that is we did - we were actually planning on returning there in 2006 with a group of friends for our wedding anniversary - but obviously that didn't take place. Had things been different I'm sure our friends would have loved it as we did.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank anniegbrambles
Reviewed September 28, 2007

We have just returned from getting married in Park Hotel Villa Ariston and we can honestly say we have never experienced the individual service, attention to detail and professionalism like what we received three weeks ago today. Indeed from the moment we arrived at the hotel, which was really late i.e 1am approximately on tuesday morning(Ryan air flight Dublin-Pisa departed and arrived on time) we felt at home! The reception we recieved was excellent. Our room was in the villa itself and more than lived up to the pictures on the website. The hotel was very private and safe nestled around mature gardens and just a stones throw from the beach. Indeed opening our room shutters what lay before us was a view of the sea from above the tree line so beautiful.

The hotel staff from top management down were very friendly and extremely helpful as we had wedding guests staying in the hotel and really helped to put our minds at ease that our guests were looked after. We all genuinely felt that our wedding was the only wedding in the hotel and the attention to detail as mentioned earlier was phenomenol . The food in the hotel was exceptional quality for the standard expected.

Overall we could not fault our experience and if the proof is in the experience we would do it all over again!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thenewlywedsCarlow
Reviewed June 8, 2007

We have stayed at Villa Ariston on a number of occasions over the last few years, and each return visit has been as special as previous ones. We read in some of last years reviews that a particular member of management was highlighted for her poor manner and 'rudeness' to guests. We too, experienced this individual on one occasion - but the good news is, she no longer works at this establishment! - So don't be turned off by the references to her. Many of the other staff at the Villa have been there for a number of years, and are wonderful. There is also a great general management team who know exactly how to treat their guests. They remember us each time we return, and we couldn't ask for better service. We are looking forward to going back again later this year. A luxury break in a lovely setting.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MC1Dublin
Reviewed May 27, 2007

I honestly was in shock to read the last two reviews of the Ariston - my experience was the complete opposite.

We were married in Lido di Camaoire and we stayed and had our reception in the Villa. From the moment we and all our guests arrived we were completely looked after - the staff could not do enough for us. Our room (Puccini Suite) was breathtaking with the most fantastic balcony and views of the sea and pool. We were able to order room service through out the day from salads to ice-cream without any problems.

Many of the staff spoke English, several of them were fluent so communication was never a problem.

Our actual wedding was honestly the best day of our lives. Everything was wonderful from beginning to end, I can't speak highly enough of this experience, the people we dealt with were helpful, accommodating, friendly and professional.

I would highly recommend this as a venue for your wedding or holiday and we will definitely be back for our 1st year anniversary.

• Stayed: May 2007
4  Thank ciarad
Reviewed January 29, 2007

Having tied the knot in Rome last summer my husband and I decided to spoil ourselves and our two little girls by splashing out on a high quality holiday in three locations in Italy. Our first week was in Tuscan countryside and was lovely, the second week at Villa Ariston in Viareggio was hell and then onto Lake Garda for final week.

The Villa Ariston let us down on every count
- it was in no way romantic or relaxing as advertised
- our 'luxury' room was basic and very cramped for the four of us
- the hotel, advertised as an 'oasis of calm', was extremely noisy, with weddings and parties every night
- we had no privacy as our terrace was on a main thoroughfare where wedding/party guests could see us on the terrace and they were drunk and disorderly, fighting and looking through the hedge at us
- the facilities advertised were not available (satellite tv / internet access/ e-mail) and despite asking for this to be rightified on first night it was never fixed.
- restaurant was always fully booked although we were never advised to make a booking, we would have expected to be able to access hotel restaurant at least on one night
- when we requested food from the bar restaurant, even during hours they were said to be open, it was not available and we were even told chef had gone home early by a very embarrassed waiter one evening
- there was no english speaking (or rather noone willing to speak english to us anyway) reception staff to help us when we needed advice/information/directions. We were sent on wild goose chases a few times when we asked for advice/directions. On one occassion when we needed urgent medial assistance they gave us incorrect information twice and finally we had to go to the hospital (having wasted a few hours being assured that there was a hotel doctor and then a clinic - both of which were incorrect and only spotted when my husband looked into it himself). Then when we tried to rent bikes we were misinformed and told information, which was not only incorrect but actually illegal and ultimately could have proved dangerous for us both and our two young daughters. This very bad advice given to us by manageress (from hell as we later found out).

The last straw was on our last night in Viareggio (despite the ongoing strains and stresses of the hotel issues) it was my birthday and mny husband had made a big effort to arrange a lovely evening for us all. We had a great time and arrived back in the car to our hotel after midnight firstly to find the front gates locked. A security guard who spotted us by chance let us in but when we tried to get into our building, with our babies in our arms fast asleep, we found ourselves locked our of not only our room - but out of our block altogether! We had to carry our sleeping kids over the grounds to the main building and up many steps to reception, where the night porter was shocked to find out we had never been given, or even informed of, the guest passes required to enter the grounds after midnight! The children woke up distressed and I just broke down and cried as even our lovely evening had to be affected by this 'faulty towers' of a hotel.
My husband had made almost daily complaints at this stage and had requested to meet the manageress to discuss our ongoing problems (who was not only unhelpful but outrageously rude and treated him disgustingly) This woman would not accept anything he said to the extent that she rang kitchen staff at home on their day off (who hung up on her) to verify what my husband was saying.

She kept saying no one ever had complained ever before and making excuses. She offered him a 'gift' which he refused and when she was prepared to be nothing but rude to him he asked to meet the Hotel Director.

The next morning we met the Hotel Director who verbally abused me in front of my two young children and not only raised his voice but also his fist in anger to me. He was shocked and angry that we would even suggest that his hotel was not good enough. He wouldn't let us speak and all of this was in the main lobby as guests came and went.

Then one of the owners came out and again he couldn't have cared less about our compliants or our obvious distress. He said that his hotel was obviously not good enough for us and then we were basically told that if we didn't like the hotel so much we should just pay the bill and leave straight away.

I had tried to explain the issues we had but no one listened and again they shouted, disrespected and humiliated us. It felt so humiliating and then to be as good as thrown out (after paying the in excess of €4,000 bill of course). I felt so traumatised and upset with our treatment - I have never ever been treated with such a lack of customer care in any accomodation in all my life, let alone one claiming to be a luxury ****+ star hotel.

We are not the type of people to complain (which they implied we were). In fact we have never complained in any other accommodation we have stayed in before and it took many issues and problems before we went to the Manageress at all.

I would warn anyone planning to go to this hotel to reconsider as they have no respect for their customers. I have since tried to follow up my complaint and I never received any response from the Hotel Owners/ or any satisfaction from the Website that directed us to this accomodation. This experience did ruin a third of our honeymoon and I will never forget how awful that week was. Thankfully the Lake Garda Hotel was the perfect antidote and restored my faith in good hotels and how important good customer service is and listening to your guests and helping them to have an enjoyable holiday through advice/information/honesty and simply caring!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family