Nice corporate hotel in versilia, 50 mt from the seaside. a few miles from the famous forte dei marmi.
Part of the UNA group.
Setting: very modern, whites / pastel colors prevail in lobby, spa etc. enjoyable and quiet. Do not expect stunning views or crystal sea waters. This is the riviera, not Sardinia. UNA is the only cool building in the area, every other hotel looks stuck in the '60s victim of a horrible urbanization (a boring, ugly-looking strip of concrete).
Rooms: large or very large with huge windows (suites are 40-50+ sqm with separate living and walk in closet). Very clean and equipped. Bed is big and very comfy. Bathroom just ok. Nothing to write home about: shower, tub, etc all very run of the mill or below average. It reminds customer this is a corporate events hotel not a design one. And bathroom fixtures are in general among the most expensive items in renovations; here, a strategy to cut building costs.
SPA and gym: we only tried the small indoor pool. It s nice but we were there in low season and there were over 10 people. Not sure what happens during peak times / high season. Other reviewers complained about shortage of sun decks / loungers (external pool, which is big enough).
Also kids are allowed in the spa until 5pm at weekends.
Service: good and attentive. Staff is kind and helpful.
- Internet comes at a hefty price (maybe they suppose companies pay for it).
- tennis courts are free but awful. They are made of 'tartan', not an accepted surface for tennis, purely because of cost saving. Perhaps not often used by guests.
All in all a nice one night stay in mid April at a going rate of 200 eur.
Checked prices on the web for August 2013: the same junior suite skyrockets to around 500 eur / night or 400 for a standard room, which I find exaggerated for what remains a nice corporate hotel not a luxurious resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An exclusive sea front resort, with 69 rooms, of which 42 are suites, is the ideal solution for anyone wanting to combine the comfort of a luxury hotel and the privilege of total independence offering 30 elegant apartments with a wide choice in size and type. Exclusive facilities at guests disposal are the restaurant accommodating up to 280 people, roof garden bar, indoor and outdoor areas for fitness and sport: 2 tennis courts, a 25 meter open-air swimming pool and solarium. The well equipped conference center with 7 meeting rooms accommodating up to 640 guests completes the structures that we offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your UNA Hotel Versilia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Una Hotel Lido Di Camaiore