“Best food in Levico Terme”

Ristorante Enoiteca Boivin
Ranked #4 of 39 Restaurants in Levico Terme
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: closed from Nov 2 till Nov22 . Otherwise always open for dinner except mondays. Sundays and Saturdays open for lunch
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The best things to do in Levico Terme is cycling, go swimming is the near lakes and then Enoteca Boivin. You can also skip the cycling and the swimming and go there directly. The staff speaks italian and the chef also english. As it was three of us we tried the degustation menu (seven courses for 30 Euros!), the trentino menu (four courses for 27 Euros) and ordered also a la carte. Everybody was extremely satiesfied. Especially the antipasti and the starters were just excellent. The waitress gave us advise with the wine for the starters and the chef personnaly for the main course. It seems he has his crew very well organized to have some minutes to talk with us and explained some dishes.The good structered and for Italy typically not overprized wine card puts its focus on local wines from often autochthonous grapes. Slow food as it should be.
One advice: Make a reservation in advance. The nice patio is mostly occupied and the space inside is a little bit like in a 1980s cellar.

3  Thank Alfons A

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Very nice atmosphere and friendly service. The best dishes we had in a long time. We took the 7 (presented as small) courses and took the wine suggestion. We were presently surprised; the food was well prepared, fresh local ingredients, and perfectly served in temperature and time. They take pride in their cooking and serving.
The price was also surprisingly gentle, especially looking at the performance and preparation. Even the wine, which was excluded from the menu, was very good and decently priced.

3  Thank marietgold
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Food-wise, this is a very nice trattoria/enoteca. The cuisine is mostly based on the Trentino tradition but with a striking eye for presentation and detail, and many touches of originality and creativity. I especially liked the excellent use of herbs, which really lifted many dishes. In my 'tasting menu' the only fault I could find was undercooked ravioli. All the rest was excellent, from a refreshing fennel and arctic char (salmerino, a local trout) salad with blood oranges (a kind of Sicily-Trentino marriage...), to a supertasty but balanced and light white bean soup (zuppa), to excellent asparagi to a more robust sample of tortelli with mint and ricotta.

The room is lovely, both for its 'cellar-style' architecture and and for its tasteful decoration. Where this restaurant has, in my opinion, a problem is in the service. Not because the kind waitress is particularly bad, but because it seems to me that the kitchen just cannot serve the numbers they decide to take within a reasonable time. There were waits of almost half an hour between some courses, which is too long for me, for a simple non-celebratory meal.

Food is priced a bit above your average Trentino trattoria, but quality is also far above average. The tasting menu which includes starters and first courses is particularly well priced at 33 euro. Wines are very mildly marked up, the selection has many usual suspects from the Trentino and Alto Adige, except that several listed choices were not in fact available.

Last detail of the night: a boorish couple nearby became very loud-speaking and generally noisy (at some point they even played a recording at high volume for a few minutes). I heard them make (what in my opinion was) an unreasonable complaint. The response of the chef was to offer them the dinner (which they instantly accepted). I found this disappointing and I would have thought it more appropriate to call them to a more civilised behaviour. I consider this another fault of service and for this reason it was one of the very rare occasions when I left no tip.

2  Thank thoughtfuldiner
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I decided to eat here after looking at the reviews on trip advisor. I was not disappointed! Food was excellent and loved the place.service was good considering we arrived late and the resturant was full.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I live in Trento, 30 km from Boevin, but this is my favorite place to eat when I really want to take my time and eat something really delicious in the range of €30 to €45 ... I've been there a dozen time and I always eat as a king.

The place used to be an old cellar, but the chef Riccardo Bosco, turned it into a very intimate place where you talk quietly and drink a glass of wine while tasting his reinvented traditional italian recipes.

The menu doesn't have more the 15 choices, and believe me, this is always a very good sign of someone who take care of the fresh ingredients. And if eating food it's not enough, the restaurant organize, from time to time, cooking lessons that I wish I could take part of one time :-)

1  Thank Daniele D