See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 23, 2017

We stayed here for a week in June and really enjoyed our visit. Most rooms seem to have recently been updated, certainly on the second and third floors that I saw, with new furniture and really lovely bathrooms.The only part of the hotel still to be renovated appeared to be the main reception area and residents' dining room so currently first impressions might not be as good as they should be. The outdoor pool area was very smart and newly upgraded with plenty of new sunbeds and umbrellas.We viewed, but didn't use, the spa and indoor pool area and that really does look four star standard, as does the terrace area at the front of the hotel.
Meals are filling and tasty, rather than 'gastro', with pasta, which was always very nice, usually served as a starter. desert choices are a bit limited. The salad buffet and breakfast buffet were pretty extensive. After a few days the waiters started providing teapots at breakfast, and I realised that the 'latte' in the drinks dispenser was hot milk. No wonder my breakfast tea tasted odd!
We found staff to be attentive and helpful. The dining room was often pretty busy but there were no significant delays in service whilst we were there.
It is about five easy minutes from the hotel to the main lake beach or lido, less to the start of the eastern lakeside walking/cycling path.
Our room was at the back of the hotel so we only got limited sun on the balcony and a close up view of some trees. The real advantage of this side of the hotel is noise from weekend lido parties does not carry round the building. Windows and doors are pretty well sound proofed.
It is an uphill walk to the town centre but we found it only took about 15 minutes to the main shops and bars and we didn't rush. There is a resort 'train' on wheels that does a circuit between the lake and the town and goes past the hotel. We didn't try it.
Overall, we were very happy with our experience of the Hotel Ambassador.

Room tip: Rooms at the back are quieter and get less sun.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2016 via mobile

I want to be super objective so I am not going to express personal thoughts other then the rate.

Pros:
- great continental breakfast
- average meal such as dinners D eventually lunches
- not so far from downtown

Cons:
- dog hair in the room. I asked 2 times for cleaning them since I am. It comfortable with animals and their "hair"

- the first day they didn't want to cook a special meal for infant (my baby) who still needs small pasta with few topics on that . It literally takes 5 minutes to clock it and every hotel where I've been was able to satisfy the request. They didn't, so my small baby had to eat only few selected things from my dish on the first day.

- waiters are definitely frustrated and not kind. They always forgot our plates and even my bottle of fine wine the second day.

- owners seems to care more about quantity and not quality. So they are very quick to evade your questions but they answer/resolve partially your needs.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Marco R
Reviewed September 2, 2016

Good hotel near the lake in a very good position for relaxing and walking.
It is out of the city center at about 20 minute walking.
The city is located on much higher level thus the walking is not easy for older people.

The hotel offers a really nice spa with internal and external swimming pool. The spa is on 4 stars level. Really nice.

The restaurant offers very good quality and service. It fully deserves the 3S stars.

Rooms are always tidy and clean but forniture look old and are more for a 3 stars than 3S.

But the overall experience is definitely good and pricing is fair for what you get.

Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed August 20, 2016

On a recent trip through the Dolomites we needed a hotel and found this one online. The town is gorgeous. The hotel is in a nice place, near the lake, with a great outdoor pool. It sits on a slight hillside and has nice views.
But the hotel is dated. We had two rooms and they did not smell fresh at all. The smell was actually somewhat offensive. But they were reasonably priced for the time of year. I would recommend the hotel begin a freshening up process and refurbish these rooms. We were on the first floor. Maybe they have started on other floors??

Room tip: Demand a room that is clean and smells good.
Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed July 11, 2016

We stayed for four days at the end of May this year. We were surprised that there were so few guests, such are the comfort of the rooms, excellent spa ("wellness") facilities and friendliness of the staff. Levico Terme seems to be a stranger to British tourism; there were no British people apparent in the entire town whilst we were there during the English half-term school break. It is however a town well worthy of a short stay, quaint and gifted with charm, reinforced by impressive modern urban design. Whilst storms raged across Europe, Levico seemed to enjoy a micro-climate, bathed in sunshine while the surrounding mountain crags were soaked with heavy rain and squalling winds. The lake is a beautiful paradise of fauna and flora, a tranquil space for an afternoon hike along wooded paths. I am tempted to be protective of our discovery, but it would be too selfish to keep it a secret!.

Date of stay: May 2016