“Dream wedding”
Review of GOLFO DEI POETI

GOLFO DEI POETI
Ranked #77 of 113 Restaurants in Lerici
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Dream wedding”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Got married in the terrace of the restaurant 2 weeks ago, it was fantastic. Being there for dinner before e loved it, during the months before we made all the preparations by email and Annalisa was very helpful, obviously i was a bit nervous as i didnt see how it would look until the day and it was better than i even immagined, the view is breathtaking and the food is just amazing, every single one of my guests came to compliment me about the food, i couldnt ask for more.doesnt matter if it is a table for 2 or a wedding, the food and service is the same, very recommended, if you go to Lerici you should go there either for aperitivi or dinner

• Visited July 2013

Beavercreek, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The fantastic view”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The proximity to the beach as we had grandchildren who have been traveling in Europe and just wanted to swim and relax.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Lolly D
York, United Kingdom
“Without doubt, the WORST restaurant Ever eaten in”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Ate hear in late May.
As it was a cold evening we went inside. It had a pleasant feel to it, although a little clinical with white covers over the chairs, reminding me of a wedding reception.
The waitress appeared to be nice enough as we were shown to a table. There were a few other diners but by no means was it busy.

My wife order pasta filled with sea bass and I ordered a pizza. The cover of bread arrived and we advised the waiter we did not wish to have bread, as we were eating pasta/pizza and did not want to be filled by bread. The bread was left on the table.

The house wine was just ok, both red and white.

My wife's pasta arrived and said it was nice. As she was finishing her meal, a chef appeared from the kitchen, crossed the dining area and into the pizza kitchen (obviously separate from the main kitchen) He commenced to toss the dough (as is done with pizza) spread the ingredients over it and placed it in he oven before returning to the main kitchen.
20 minutes after my wife's pasta had arrived at the table, my pizza arrived, served by a differrent waiter. No apology was made of it's late arrival and the fact that my wifes empty plate had by now been cleared. Again I informed the waiter I did not want the bread but as with the previous occasion, the bread was left on the table.
The pizza was shocking. Bland and tasteless, it had very little tomato sauce, even less cheese and no herbs or seasoning. It was effectively just cooked dough.

Then the bill.
Although it is a restaurant, you have to go to the cash desk to get and pay for you're bill, where a group of staff were seated busily checking other diners bills. I found this to be very unprofessional and cafeteria like. I was given our bill and questioned why we were paying for the bread. I was told that ALL Italian restaurants charge for bread. Now I know this is the case in general but not all do and if you request otherwise you are not charged and we have experienced this fact several times in many parts of the country. A debate over this took place but they refused to back down.
Their refusal to to give way on this matter annoyed me to say the least but were adament. I therefore tackled them about having to wait 20 minutes after my wife's meal arrived for mine to arrive. Their excuses were pathetic and no apology given. Eventually another bill was thrown at me (literally) with a €5 deduction.

Without doubt, the most appalling customer service ever experienced in any country visited, or at home in the UK.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Gerry C
San Diego, California
“Beautiful scenic area”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This area is worth the effort to get to. You can get there via train or ferry if they are running. Portovenere & Lerici are the places to stay when in visiting this area.

Visited June 2013
“For a good lunch/dinner directly by sea side”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

The city & the sea port is such a beautiful place & geographically amazing. The position of the resturant gives you a great view of the city from port side.
The food was good as many other Italian good eating places.