“Magnifico”
Review of La Piccola Oasi

La Piccola Oasi
Ranked #4 of 112 Restaurants in Lerici
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Magnifico”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Found this restaurant on our last night after wading through all the fishy places. So mad we hadn't found it before. Cool and trendy surroundings, right next door to the No. 1 venue. Amazing meat, cut and prepared and then cooked in front of you. Fantastic hospitality along with delicious wine and desserts. Home made Bon bons are a must. Chef came to the table to ensure we were happy. Greeted and said goodbye to every customer. One not to miss in Lerici - we'd have been there every night!

• Visited July 2014

Western Norway, Norway
“Wonderfull Italian meat dinner!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We had dinner here for two diffrent nights and with different menys. We loved the food, enjoyed to have something else then seafood and the service and hospitality was very good. We also loved the wine, Chianti Rock.

• Visited July 2014
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had a fantastic meal here, many of the best restaurants in Lerici serve only seafood, so for me personally, this lived up to its name - a little oasis - serving meat and vegetarian dishes.

We were given a lovely aperitif and excellent bread on being seated - much better than we had tasted in most of the other restaurants visited on our trip, and the pasta dishes we ordered arrived quickly and were full of flavour, having been cooked in the wood fired oven. My partner and I both requested meat dishes for our second courses and these came with both salad and vegetables and a little side dish of porcini mushrooms - everything was fantastic and portions were more than generous! The wine was good too and everything was very reasonably priced.

Gi Gi and Paola are lovely, they treated us more like friends than customers, spending a considerable amount of time talking to us about the food and wine, their fascinating lives and introducing us to Blue, their beautiful parrot! A great night, we would be delighted to return.

• Visited September 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“A unique dining experience”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We visited the small coastal town of Lerici on the shores of the Mediterranean. Lerici is typical of so many villages in the Liguria region with beautiful old buildings and narrow alleyways. In one such alley, corso cavour, we came across many street side restaurants. We settled on the Ristorante L'Osteria di Cicciopasticcio a vibrant little boutique restaurant offering an amazing array of dishes to cater for all tastes. It is run by husband and wife team Gigi and Pouli. Chef Gigi’s speciality is meat dishes and Pouli a most welcoming Maître d.
Although the place was obviously busy we were fortunate enough to obtain a table on the street. We were immediately served with a complimentary antipasto and a delightfully light aperitif. I ordered steak and my friend, Samantha, a dish of raw beef cut into very thin slices which were then sprinkled with freshly squeezed lemon and olive oil. My steak arrived cooked to perfection with a generous garden salad and side of roast potatoes, eggplant and other vegetables. To say the steak would melt in your mouth would not do it justice. Chef Gigi is one of those rare people who know how to cook steak well. Pouli suggested a full bodied red to compliment the meal.
After devouring my meal I tasted some of the sliced beef that Samantha had ordered. I am always wary of eating raw meat but you could tell from the first mouthful that the meat was fresh and from a tender cut. The lemon and oil set it off perfectly. I am so glad I tried it as the taste was exquisite. It will be my choice when we visit L'Osteria di Cicciopasticcio tomorrow.
Pouli then suggested the desert. I am not big on sweets but Sam wished to try. Again I was amazed by a plate of various deserts, fresh creams and the house specialty, sliced chocolate with an orange sauce. I have not tasted anything like it.
We were then invited into the rear of the restaurant to meet Gigi in order to compliment him on his talents. When entering his kitchen I was astounded by the array of dishes he could serve from such a small area.
Then the greatest surprise of the evening, Blue. Blue is a parrot, a beautiful Blue and Yellow Macaw perched in the rear courtyard of the restaurant. Blue is very happy to say “Ciao” and be fed by customers and have a good laugh with them. Blue is approximately 50 cm from beak to tail and if you wish to observe nature up close this is the perfect way to do it. A picture of Sam and Blue is attached.
We eventually had to say goodbye to Gigi and Pouli & their wonderful staff and of course ciao to Blue. I thoroughly recommend L'Osteria di Cicciopasticcio. It was a 5 star experience.

• Visited August 2013
monza
“best gourmet burger in town”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

when you are tired of sea food visit this place - all high quality ingredients and catering for celiacs and vegitarians this place is lovely - it took almost an hour for our burgers to arrive but when they did they were divine!!

Visited August 2013