“Ylenia Sambati (YLTOUR), very knowledgeable about Puglia!”
Review of YLTour

YLTour
Ranked #10 of 21 Tours in Lecce
More attraction details
Owner description: Inpirational events and tours: enjoy the most authentic Puglia and do something beautiful: cooking classes and wine tours, yoga, painting, sport, meet the locals. Whether it is for a holiday, a conference or an incentive program, enjoy and have fun. Don't miss our hands-on cooking classes in creative cuisines and wine appreciation in authentic retreats. We also help you buy, restore and rent out rural, town and prestige properties in the Salento (Puglia) area.Creative ideas for tours, incentives, corporate meetings, cultural and event planning services in Puglia.With many years experience in the corporate meetings and incentive industry, we have developed strong contacts with venues, locations and suppliers.We are experienced, and equally comfortable, planning small and intimate groups as well as large, interactive ones. We match your objectives with positive solutions by assembling the winning combination of logistics, creativity, and execution to ensure you a memorable event in Italy.
San Francisco, California
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Ylenia Sambati (YLTOUR), very knowledgeable about Puglia!”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Melissa Muldoon, la studentessa matta heartily concurs that Ylenia Sambati of YLTOUR is wonderful! I have traveled on three separate occasions in Puglia. On the last two trips I have worked with Ylenia and have had the best experiences. In collaboration with Ylenia, I organized two groups to study Italian in Lecce where my groups stayed at the Palazzo Castromediano in the the heart of Lecce's historic center and also in the country at the Masseria Provenzani.

Not only is Ylenia delightful and totally hands on, paying great attention to organization and details, she is also very passionate and extremely knowledgeable about the Salento region. She can arrange just about any activity or excursion imaginable. She is well connected and works with so many talented individuals from Art Historians, Winemakers, Cheese makers, Cartapesta masters to cooking and olive oil experts. What ever your specific interest might be, she can tailor a special vacation just for you. She is reliable, FUN! and professional... and this is why I have chosen to work with her on two occasions.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank StudentessaMatta

Puglia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“If it's Puglia it must be YL Tour”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

If you are going to be in Puglia - don't miss contacting Yle of Yl Tour. Yle has organised a number of different activities for us from cookery lessons, private lunches at a masseria with fabulous pool and great food, cheese making, market visits, visiting the grape harvesting, visits to olive oil mill with a picnic in the olive groves, carta pesta demonstrations, boat trips ...... and so much more. Everything has been wonderful and nothing is too much trouble, no matter how small our group. Grazie mille Yle.... we are thinking of more days out in October and next year.

1 Thank tblonde
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Brava, Brava, Brava!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I can not recommend wonderful Yle highly enough, this lady rocks!

I have learnt so much about so many aspects of Puglia thanks to her. This year she organised one of the best ever days out, see eastendbird's review, starting early with the wine harvest, then a cheese making demonstration in an amazing little farm near Lecce with the kindest of families, followed by oil and wine tasting at a fabulous masseria. Yle also arranged for a private party, with wonderful local food that she had prepared at another masseria as a surprise for my daughter; it was a wonderful relaxed, treat of a day. We also went on an end of holiday boat trip around the bay of Gallipoli, including off boat swimming and a spaghetti lunch.

My biggest difficulty now is how to praise her up but still make sure she is available to arrange other wonderful days out next time we are in the area!

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“my most memorable day”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had the most wonderful day touring with Ylena, I cannot recommend her enough. We started with a visit to the grape harvest and actually got to help out a little ourselves. I will be looking out for Puglian chardonnays next year and thinking "I may have helped make that"! Then we went to a tiny little farm outside Lecce to watch some cheese being made, we also got to help out and, of course, taste the different soft cheeses. Finally we went to one of the most beautiful places I have ever been - a masseria with a gorgeous pool to swim in. Here we had lunch and then enjoyed a wine and olive oil tasting. I remember saying to my partner that evening "that's it, I've had the best day of the year!". Ylena is friendly, funny and knowledgeable, there is no way we would have found all these places on our own. I cannot wait to come back next year to do another tour with her. Thank you Ylena!

Albany, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wow!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We spent a wonderful day with Ylenia, Michel, and Valentino in August. We had booked a "wine tour" but it was much more than that. We were picked up in 2 cars for 4 people at the Porto Napoli and started out with a stop for café and pastry in Squnizano and visited our first church. We were driven through Salento to visit 2 wineries for tastings and then to an olive oil producer for a wonderful lunch of traditional local food, including orchiette and taralli and fruit with vincotta. After lunch we had a cooking lesson in orchiette and since I love taralli, we learned how to make those too. Ylenia and her colleagues were fun, informative and very passionate about the lifestyle and attitude of southern Italy.