Review Highlights
Cooking in Puglia - A Delightful Day Out

My partner signed us up to a cooking workshop in Squinzano as part of our holiday break. This place... read more

Reviewed July 4, 2016
Dave F
via mobile
Another amazing day out

This year Yle introduced us to another new winery. Marvellous Michele lead us on a tour to the... read more

Reviewed November 20, 2015
Amulus
Ipswich, United Kingdom

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 26, 2013

If you are going to be in Puglia - don't miss contacting Yle of Yl Tour. Yle has organised a number of different activities for us from cookery lessons, private lunches at a masseria with fabulous pool and great food, cheese making, market visits, visiting the grape harvesting, visits to olive oil mill with a picnic in the olive groves, carta pesta demonstrations, boat trips ...... and so much more. Everything has been wonderful and nothing is too much trouble, no matter how small our group. Grazie mille Yle.... we are thinking of more days out in October and next year.

1  Thank LetsGoToPuglia
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I can not recommend wonderful Yle highly enough, this lady rocks!

I have learnt so much about so many aspects of Puglia thanks to her. This year she organised one of the best ever days out, see eastendbird's review, starting early with the wine harvest, then a cheese making demonstration in an amazing little farm near Lecce with the kindest of families, followed by oil and wine tasting at a fabulous masseria. Yle also arranged for a private party, with wonderful local food that she had prepared at another masseria as a surprise for my daughter; it was a wonderful relaxed, treat of a day. We also went on an end of holiday boat trip around the bay of Gallipoli, including off boat swimming and a spaghetti lunch.

My biggest difficulty now is how to praise her up but still make sure she is available to arrange other wonderful days out next time we are in the area!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had the most wonderful day touring with Ylena, I cannot recommend her enough. We started with a visit to the grape harvest and actually got to help out a little ourselves. I will be looking out for Puglian chardonnays next year and thinking "I may have helped make that"! Then we went to a tiny little farm outside Lecce to watch some cheese being made, we also got to help out and, of course, taste the different soft cheeses. Finally we went to one of the most beautiful places I have ever been - a masseria with a gorgeous pool to swim in. Here we had lunch and then enjoyed a wine and olive oil tasting. I remember saying to my partner that evening "that's it, I've had the best day of the year!". Ylena is friendly, funny and knowledgeable, there is no way we would have found all these places on our own. I cannot wait to come back next year to do another tour with her. Thank you Ylena!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We spent a wonderful day with Ylenia, Michel, and Valentino in August. We had booked a "wine tour" but it was much more than that. We were picked up in 2 cars for 4 people at the Porto Napoli and started out with a stop for café and pastry in Squnizano and visited our first church. We were driven through Salento to visit 2 wineries for tastings and then to an olive oil producer for a wonderful lunch of traditional local food, including orchiette and taralli and fruit with vincotta. After lunch we had a cooking lesson in orchiette and since I love taralli, we learned how to make those too. Ylenia and her colleagues were fun, informative and very passionate about the lifestyle and attitude of southern Italy.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I spent a wonderful week with Yle as part of an Italian language program and recommend her highly. She organizes various programs with stays at a wonderful Masseria near Lecce and visits to locals including cheesemaker, pastry chef, wineries, etc. You feel like you are with friends and family. If you are looking for an authentic local experience as opposed to a touristy one go with Yle. She is very special.

Date of experience: August 2012