“Wines by the glass and casual dining, kept coming back”

Mamma Elvira Enoteca
Ranked #12 of 592 Restaurants in Lecce
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Zurich, Switzerland
“Wines by the glass and casual dining, kept coming back”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We chose Mamma Elvira by chance looking for an afternoon drink and snack, it way exceeded our expectations with a wide selection of wines by the glass and top quality food - Think of it as a great delicatessen crossed with wine merchant where you can eat and drink outside.

We were in Lecce for two days and visited three times, it's that good.

• Visited September 2012

• Turkish first
UAE
“A MUST GO-TO PLACE - to experience Salento wines and to relax”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This place has amazed me twice! We first went here two years ago but sadly- I lost the card with the name of it so I couldn’t do a trip advisor review. When we returned to Lecce this year I remembered where it was so we gave it another try since we were particularly looking for a place to experiences many different local wines by the glass. I like this place for so many reasons: 1) the wine list – it’s extensive – including by the glass. 2) knowledgeable staff – they can tell you so much about the wines and help you identify the right wine for you. 3) You don’t have to take an entire glass to taste a wine – they just poor you a taste and then you can narrow down which wine you want 4) the staff is super friendly (and they speak English very very well) 5) I love the style/design of the place (but not the high stools). 6) they have great little bites to eat. I loved their burrata.
For the past two visits we sat at the counter and received excellent attentive service.
Overall – this is a MUST GO TO place. I can’t wait to return. This was one of the highlights of our trip.

• Visited August 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Aperatives and style”
Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

This is a wonderful bar to go to when you want to relax and have a pre-dinner drink and nibbles, welcoming, modern and classical, an intriguing twist - what's more, temptation surrounds you as you imbibe, with bottles of wine and goodies on the shelves to buy. The hostess and owner is charming and erudite and knows his stuff....I heartily recommend this bar. Go on, give it a go you won't be disappointed!

Camarillo, California
“Great wine bar with snacks”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Another reason to like Lecce. This is a wine bar with some really great wines at very low prices. It had tables on the sidewalk. They made delicious little snacks of bread, cheese, and eggplant when I told them I did not eat meat. Great service. I highly reccomend this place.

Visited July 2012
London
“My favourite bar in Lecce”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Mamma Elvira is crowded for a reason. The aperitapas are well balanced and taste exquisite, the wine selection is really, really great and the bar sells plenty of other things to satisfy your appetite.
The staff are really cool and friendly, so much fun to hang around with- though don't hamper them when it's busy! Great, great bar with good local crowd.

Visited June 2012