“Finally..a good and light lunch!”

All'Ombra del Barocco
Ranked #82 of 607 Restaurants in Lecce
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We were just looking for a place to lunch and ended up here, because of the nice looking terrace.
After looking at the complete menu we decided to go for a salate. Finally...after all the heavy lunches just a salate. It tasted great. Lettuce, mozzarella, tuna, tomatoes etc. Bontje way...they have different kinds of salates and the salate goes with some bread. Service was good and soms the wine. And we foundation the prices ok, but Puglia is not expensive anyway.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I had dinner here with my wife. She got a salad with mozzarella and I had octopus. There's no reason to dwell on any part of the meal. It was horrible. Not just average or mediocre. The octopus tasted the same as the mozzarella, which tasted like the lettuce. If I spoke any Italian, I would have sent it all back. But I don't, so I didn't. I paid my check and left.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I ate a really splendid octopus salad with fennel and oranges followed by an excellent succulent steak. I had chosen the restaurant because it was busy at lunchtime and had a good local menu. The dinner did not disappoint. House wine by the glass very acceptable. A reasonable price given the location and definitely one to try again.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I was staying at Palazzo Belli and got a voucher to have my breakfast at All'Ombra del Barocco, which also serves snackes and mains throughout the day. Prices aren't cheap but the atmosphere in- and outside is nice and the menu has some unusual food to be discovered.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a lunch here.

We were attracted to this restaurant by the theme -books, events and food, which seemed quite unique.

The service was very good and we liked the location - tucked up an alley for inside dining, or when the weather is warmer, sitting out in the courtyard in the sun.

My antipasti was the prosciutto and mozzarella with sun dried tomato, and my wife had eggplant with pecorino and tomato salsa. This was a great start to our meal.

For the main I had the local specialty of fava bean paste and my wife had the grilled tuna.

We left feeling we had enjoyed a very good meal and are likely to return during our 4 days in Lecce.

Even at this time of year they have an events programme around book readings and live music. Sadly we missed both but I bet this place would be humming when full.